Drum Corps Parade on Finals Day

DCI posted this on Facebook earlier today.

"There's going to be a huge FREE drum corps parade on Saturday August 13 at DCI World Championships in Indianapolis that will feature 25 corps! Details soon! Get your tickets to Finals NOW. www.dci.org/tickets"

DCI posted this on Facebook earlier today.

"There's going to be a huge FREE drum corps parade on Saturday August 13 at DCI World Championships in Indianapolis that will feature 25 corps! Details soon! Get your tickets to Finals NOW. www.dci.org/tickets"

I'd love to see that parade but is that really such a good idea? Is that a distraction you want your marching members to go through on finals day?

• Like 1

I'd love to see that parade but is that really such a good idea? Is that a distraction you want your marching members to go through on finals day?

It won't involve corps performing that day.

#### nice for DCI to have a parade for my birthday but I'd save it for when I retire.... :cool:

#### nice for DCI to have a parade for my birthday but I'd save it for when I retire.... :cool:

As a bonus, those who show up in Indy to celebrate your birthday can also get in some drum corps that day.

As a bonus, those who show up in Indy to celebrate your birthday can also get in some drum corps that day.

LOL what better way to celebrate. :thumbup:

And for those who can't make Indy and like standstill shows the Shamrock Fest will also be held that day near Philly. Also means our horn instructor will be directing as our DM will be in Indy (kinda hard to direct that way).

Y'all can celebrate my B-day but won't be there to pick up the tab. :tongue: Hoping I'll be celebrating by performing at Shamrock...

Edited by JimF-LowBari

LOL what better way to celebrate. :thumbup:

And for those who can't make Indy and like standstill shows the Shamrock Fest will also be held that day near Philly. Also means our horn instructor will be directing as our DM will be in Indy (kinda hard to direct that way).

Y'all can celebrate my B-day but won't be there to pick up the tab. :tongue: Hoping I'll be celebrating by performing at Shamrock...

Well, what would be the reason, then?

If you don't make finals, your season is over after you do inventory.. but now you have to do a parade? I'm really interested to see how this season turns out (including the G8 and all other new additions). DCI seems to be attempting to become more fan-friendly (which isn't necessarily member-friendly).

• Like 3