Hawthorne Caballeros Announce 2011 Program!

Celebrating 65 years of drum and bugle corps, the Hawthorne Caballeros proudly present their 2011 program “Heritage: The Days of Future Past”.

The 2011 program of the Hawthorne Caballeros will excite and entertain our fans as the powerful opener explores our heritage with a respectful bow to the foundation of the Hawthorne Caballeros. Echoes of the decades of great Caballero drum and bugle corps emerge as a solid core of the history that only Caballeros can claim. And acknowledge how through the decades, the Caballeros set the bar, set the stage and set the standard of a drum corps icon. This retrospect acknowledges that to maintain this spirit of excellence we first acknowledge the past for the gift of the Caballeros legacy, principles and values.

The ballad introduces ‘Memoriam’, a tribute to our founder, James J. Costello, Jr. This inspirational movement explores the deep sadness remembered of loss and resurrects the glory of the future through the remembered foundation of all that is the Hawthorne Caballeros.

As the program continues we introduce the present heritage of the 2011 Hawthorne Caballeros, with a standard of performance excellence that is uniquely their own, a spirit that continues to evolve and a passion that will move fans to listen for the exciting 2011 variation of the famous “Rumps” and the Call of the Bull, and with the original music of arrangers Key Poulan and Kevin Murphy, introduce the new sound of the 65th Anniversary program of the Hawthorne Caballeros.

True competitors constantly reinvent themselves – take where they have been, evolve to meet the expectations of our fans and members and set the stage for the future. But it is not a journey, it is a continuum… never losing the respect of our past, never missing a beat of passion in our performance of the present, and never doubting the excitement of the future that is the Hawthorne Caballeros.

Join us as we explore the days of the past, the days of 2011 and the days of the future. What will the arrangement of futuristic versions Malequena sound like? Listen to the 2011 Hawthorne Caballeros and yes, you hear the future.

Led by our 2011 Show Coordinator, Rich Templin, the 2011 Design Team will include arrangements written by Brass Arranger Key Poulan, Percussion Arranger, Kevin Murphy, Visual Design created by Caption Head Eric Robertshaw and Caption Head Joe Heininger designing the Guard Program.

The Hawthorne Caballeros, sponsored by American Legion Post #199 in Hawthorne, New Jersey are in their 65th season of competition and have amassed a remarkable host of records. They have won the DCA World Championship 9 times, the American Legion National Title 16 times, the National Dream Contest 17 times, and the New Jersey State American Legion Title 43 times. They have completed 5 undefeated seasons, consecutively in 1984 and 1985. In 1989, during DCA's 25th Anniversary season, fans voted the Caballeros their favorite Senior Drum and Bugle Corps of all time. In May 2000 the Caballeros were inducted into the Library of Congress as part of the Bicentennial Local Legacy program.

The Corps Director Emeritus is James J. Costello Jr., President and General Manager is Frank Gerris, Business Manager is Alan Katz, Treasurer is Rich Warga, Personnel Manager is Michael Ryan, Lou Storck is the Operations Manager, Tom Beebe is the Public Relations Manager and the Secretary is Marianne Kerr. Drum Major Glenn Stevens and Assistant Drum Majors Chris Fontanelle and J. Oliver Plunkett lead the 2011 65th Anniversary Edition of the Hawthorne Caballeros on the field. Visit cabs.org for more information.

And what a GREAT show this is!

I am so honored to be back among my new friends in this amazing Drum Corps, and I can't wait for you all to see and hear this incredible product!

See you all on the 50! (Literally! LOL)

and the 45 and the 40 and the 35..Etc

and the 45 and the 40 and the 35..Etc

:spitting:

Thanks Mike....you just HAD to remind me of that, didn't you! LOL

I am so honored to be back among my new friends in this amazing Drum Corps, and I can't wait for you all to see and hear this incredible product!

Technically I think that the right and left legs of the chair are on the respective 49 yard lines...

• Like 1

And those of us who've been lucky enough to have shared the field with you are totally stoked to see you back out there :worthy:

Hey Roger Amen.. He is doing great...

:blush:

awwwwww.....thanks guys! LOL