$5 Drum Corps Show

Tony ... it's all good ... I talked with Bpt's Mayor Finch and he said they now have "break away" trees planted on all routes to and from Kennedy Stadium ... yer good to go ...

:-)

That should help.... worthy.gif

(I'm also no longer driving a full sized custom van, its now a mini van these days so I'm only able to hit the small trees now.... blink.gif)

Does anyone know the route of the parade the following day?

See lower left for route:

FINAL-BF-INTERNET-CALENDAR-OF-EVENTS-AEJ1.jpg

That Barnum Festival parade was the only parade I actually enjoyed marching.

Something about the free food and beverages provided by the spectators along the route. :tongue:

"Tony, PLEASE don't call a rolloff until we're done with our hot dogs!!!" :lol:

Edited by Fran Haring

See lower left for route:

FINAL-BF-INTERNET-CALENDAR-OF-EVENTS-AEJ1.jpg

Thanks...That gives me the starting point & an approximate ending point but how about the route between them? Trying to figure out where a good place is to park the chairs a cooler and watch.

That Barnum Festival parade was the only parade I actually enjoyed marching.

Something about the free food and beverages provided by the spectators along the route. :tongue:

"Tony, PLEASE don't call a rolloff until we're done with our hot dogs!!!" :lol:

As I recall, no one ever brought me one.... blink.gif

Long story, Let's see if I can do the "Readers Digest" version this time.

As I've posted several times, the only parade I didn't care to march was the Bridgeport parade. The fans liked Drum Corps a little too much....devil.gif "Hey, PLAY SOMETHING!" (to which a few in our Corps would reply, Got any "beverages?".) They would open the coolers and we would play.... Some times the parade would stop for a little longer than usual and someone would go get a few hot dogs and get back in line.

Several times it sounded a little light in the mid range and lower brass on some of the tunes. (we never had a large horn line so these things were noticeable. shutup.gif) Walked back and saw a few members with their horns under their arms. Hot dog in one hand and beverage in the other. When asked "Everyone OK?" I got "Yea, thanks!".....w00t.gif

Thanks...That gives me the starting point & an approximate ending point but how about the route between them? Trying to figure out where a good place is to park the chairs a cooler and watch.

Get a good seat for over 100 units of marching bands, floats, cultural groups, giant balloons and more at the Great Street Parade - 11am - parade route North Ave at Clinton to Park Ave, to Capital Ave to Lincoln Blvd!

Hope this helps ...

<snip>

Walked back and saw a few members with their horns under their arms. Hot dog in one hand and beverage in the other. When asked "Everyone OK?" I got "Yea, thanks!".....w00t.gif

You'd prefer crumbs and spray coming out of the bell????? The spit valve would be a spit tap.....

ENJOY

Joe Dz in NJ

Long story, Let's see if I can do the "Readers Digest" version this time.

As I've posted several times, the only parade I didn't care to march was the Bridgeport parade. The fans liked Drum Corps a little too much....devil.gif "Hey, PLAY SOMETHING!" (to which a few in our Corps would reply, Got any "beverages?".) They would open the coolers and we would play.... Some times the parade would stop for a little longer than usual and someone would go get a few hot dogs and get back in line.

Several times it sounded a little light in the mid range and lower brass on some of the tunes. (we never had a large horn line so these things were noticeable. shutup.gif) Walked back and saw a few members with their horns under their arms. Hot dog in one hand and beverage in the other. When asked "Everyone OK?" I got "Yea, thanks!".....w00t.gif

HAHA ... at several "well stocked" corners, the fans would do anything to get the corps to play ... one clever guy used to set up a fake TV camera with a huge sign saying PLAY HERE ... LIVE TV COVERAGE ... the number of drum corps that were in the line of march in the 60's was incredble ... lots of Jr. talent in the Bpt area along with the Hurcs, CT Yankees, Bpt Troopers (doing their patented Bunny Hop) and all those crazy Masonic Dudes in their precision mini-cars ... one of the best places to watch used to be from the Panama Inn (a bar at the rear entrance to Kennedy Stadium) ... the parade used to end on the field ... some corps would do the second half of their drill for the fans in the stands ... it really was quite a spectacle ... still draws quite a crowd ...

:thumbup:

Edited by ajlisko

Get a good seat for over 100 units of marching bands, floats, cultural groups, giant balloons and more at the Great Street Parade - 11am - parade route North Ave at Clinton to Park Ave, to Capital Ave to Lincoln Blvd!

Hope this helps ...

Perfect.....Thanks !!!