Curious about Alumni Spectacular

Just curious... Why would you be cooking for a mini-corps on Sunday morning? Their show is Friday night. Or could it be that they are planning on performing Sunday evening?

umm, yeah, that has been the case for a few years ;o). I also have a half acre flat and grassy that comes in handy for rehearsal.

Make them go to Dinosaur BBQ...that will guarantee a must see performance Sunday night.

:tongue:

they usually do Dinosaur on Friday or Saturday, gotta feed them something different.

Heather, I won't swear that this is 100% accurate, but I received this listing just this morning. And the list didn't include times.

Freelancers

Optimists

Bridgemen

Reilly

Boston

St. Joe's

Park City

Scout House

Skyliners

Hawthorne

I hope this helps with your planning.

Heather, I won't swear that this is 100% accurate, but I received this listing just this morning. And the list didn't include times.

Freelancers

Optimists

Bridgemen

Reilly

Boston

St. Joe's

Park City

Scout House

Skyliners

Hawthorne

Thanks! But now that the Bugles Across America finale has been announced, I will probably stay and play. Definitely need to prepare ahead!

From what's been related to me from John Zimny by his wife Karen, the Freelancers will not be doing any kind of a marching show at the Alumni Spectacular. Only a standstill or "park and blow" performance. Not unlike their mini-corp show. Not to say that they will not sound good.

From what's been related to me from John Zimny by his wife Karen, the Freelancers will not be doing any kind of a marching show at the Alumni Spectacular. Only a standstill or "park and blow" performance. Not unlike their mini-corp show. Not to say that they will not sound good.

I'm sure they'll be superb ... IMO Alumni Corps cannot do a bad job ... regardless of the level thay play at, I hear what I want to hear and relive the memories of their mightiess moment ... is that even a word????? ...LOL ... when we did good and someone told me, I said ... wow ... that makes me feel good ... but me a beer ... when we were a tad off and someone told me ... I said ... yup ... you're right ... I feel bad ... buy me a beer ...

I am grateful to anyone who dons their colors and plays to the crowd ... GO FREELANCERS! ... I saw them once or twice in the 80's ... nice unis as I recall ... red ... black ... shakos ... hmmmm ...

:-)

Freelancers

Optimists

Bridgemen

Reilly

Boston

St. Joe's

Park City

Scout House

Skyliners

Hawthorne

Just a FYI, the Bridgemen and Reilly Raiders will be switching spots.

Thanks,

George

I agree! This may create more interest in DCA from the left coast.

I have wanted to see these guys for a while and now I can! :thumbup:

If fans out here could see a real Senior Corps show, it would change a lot of misconceptions about "the old dudes" trying to march again.

People out here just don't know, we need a few DCA corps to come to our show and demonstrate where it all came from.