Curious about Alumni Spectacular

I believe this is the first time a West Coast alumni corps has been in this show. That is a good thing!!!

I believe this is the first time a West Coast alumni corps has been in this show. That is a good thing!!!

I agree! This may create more interest in DCA from the left coast.

I have wanted to see these guys for a while and now I can! :thumbup:

Andy and Fran,

Yes, that is Sacramento Freelancers and this is the "first 'order of appearance' schedule"; the one before corps start to switch positions with one another. Final appearance order will most likely take a few weeks of correspondence. Freelancers can NOT change position and, IMHO, I don't think you'll see any movement with Scout House, Sky or Cabs.

Ray

Obviously, reading this from an Alumni Corps Director gives a lot of credibility to it. Let me clarify... Position at the Alumni Spectacular is accomplished as follows:

At the April draw meeting, a drawing was held in two parts... Current or former DCA Member Alumni Corps draw in the late block and then all other alumni corps participating draw for the remainder of the positions. If there were no members of the Alumni corps present, DCA officials in front of a large number in attendance at the meeting drew for each corps. I even drew for a corps.

That draw is sent to all participating Alumni Directors... they have a set time limit during which - if their position causes them a problem for whatever reason, usually performers marching with more than one alumni corps - they may ask any other corps to swap positions with them. If and when this occurs, DCA will go along with it as long as it happened within the specified time period. We are in that loop now. I expect to have the final order of appearance soon (week or two) and will then release the information to the public.

I hope everyone will support the Alumni Spectacular - they deserve it... preserve our history.

• Like 1

As a performer in this event I have to admit it just felt good to hear "The Bridgemen" described as one of the usual suspect's !!!! LOL

And the Freelancer's ??!!! WOW now that will be cool to see. "Live from Sacramento" is RIGHT !!!!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Is there a final lineup and schedule yet? There's a mini corps I may have to cook for that afternoon, gotta get my schedule in order ;o)

Is there a final lineup and schedule yet? There's a mini corps I may have to cook for that afternoon, gotta get my schedule in order ;o)

Cook early and tell them to reheat it.

:tongue:

I always thought the Les Dips did that show also?

Just curious... Why would you be cooking for a mini-corps on Sunday morning? Their show is Friday night. Or could it be that they are planning on performing Sunday evening?

Just curious... Why would you be cooking for a mini-corps on Sunday morning? Their show is Friday night. Or could it be that they are planning on performing Sunday evening?

Make them go to Dinosaur BBQ...that will guarantee a must see performance Sunday night.

:tongue:

I always thought the Les Dips did that show also?

I believe their first year was 2008 ... and again in 2009 or 2010 ... corps opt-in or opt-out based on what size corps they can field at the time and finances ... it ain't all that cheap for these corps to attend ... lots of vacation time and travel $$$ for members ... so ... have you looked up Pookie yet in the Clearwater/Denedin area ... sounds like he may be from your era in Sun ...

:-)

Edited by ajlisko