Bluecoats 1988

Anyone know who arranged Bluecoats book in 1988, Autumn Leaves in particular. Any staff info could also be helpful.

Thanks!

A good person to talk to would be Ken Fanti.. He's more than likely with the corp right now, but if you want, i'll email you his email/screen name.. he knows basically everything about the corp.. and there is also someone who posts on dcp that marched that year.. But I don't know off of the top of my head who did..

our book was arranged by Frank Dorritie in 1988, and then mid season changes were done by Jay Dawson.

Percussion Book by Charlie Poole

The original arrangement for Autumn Leaves was written in 1987 and I believe it was Frank that year as well.

The Autumn Leaves arrangement is from a hard to find big band album, but unfortunately I can not remember the name of the band. The album was something like "introducing the Stan Mark big band".

Steve Popernack or Jay Wise would be able to tell you.

Edited by bluecoats88

• 1 month later...

Autumn Leaves percussion charts were actually done by Bob Dubinski & Jim Dugan. Bob arranged for the corps in 1986 and part of '87. Dugan sort of "filled in" some pieces.

Dubinski was the catalyst w/Dennis DeLucia behind the great Bayonne Bridgemen lines of the late 70's/early 80's. Jim Dugan marched snare with the Bridgemen in 1980 & 81. He also taught & might still teach Bushwackers Sr. Corps.

Autumn Leaves percussion charts were actually done by Bob Dubinski & Jim Dugan. Bob arranged for the corps in 1986 and part of '87. Dugan sort of "filled in" some pieces.

Dubinski was the catalyst w/Dennis DeLucia behind the great Bayonne Bridgemen lines of the late 70's/early 80's. Jim Dugan marched snare with the Bridgemen in 1980 & 81. He also taught & might still teach Bushwackers Sr. Corps.

Not in 88 Vic. Yes bob and Jim wrote in 87, but in 88 charlie wrote a new book, all except for the drum to drum section which he kept the same as 87.