Trojan Pop-Up Ad Film clip....

Got into work and while waiting for the "rest of my mess" to startup checked DCP for a bit. Only Internet connections I had open were DCP and my timekeeping site. Then I got a pop up ad that showed something like a ballet dancer moving around and then I see it's for Trojan condoms. Don't think I hit any links to get the ad but having TROJAN appear on the screen on a gov't computer ain't the best thing that could happen.....

I had a snappy comeback all prepared for you Big Jim...but then I got the very same popup here.

I'll let JohnD know.

thanks!

Too early in the morning for a quick comeback, know the feeling.

Thanks John, hard to tell from my end as some of the ads are blocked and can only see that loverly <$1 to "My Fair Lady"> red X. Thought maybe I linked to something I couldn't see. Now I'll find out if the local security crew noticed it. :rock:

I'll keep an eye open - but have never seen a "pop-up video" advert coming from the site. We use banners from only 2 sources - our own internal banner system (which NEVER produces 'pop-ups') and Google Adsense, which should never produce a 'pop-up'.

JohnZ sent me a screen capture of a Google Adsense banner that said "Destroy Trojans" - in the context of software malware .. from a company that appears to offer remedial services / products for this sort of computer problem. Perhaps you have some malware lurking on your computer that triggered the video you saw when that keyword was seen. I dunno.

Without some indication of where this "pop-up" came from, there's not much I can do to review it ... much less remove it. There's no indication that it came from anything we're doing.

-john

Beats me what really happened John. A new screen popped up that appeared to have one or two moving figures on it. When I saw "TROJAN" I quick killed the screen before anyone else could see it. Like I posted before DCP was open so thought I'd pass the word "just in case".

Can't find a cause or duplicate the problem? Dang that does sound like my job in IT..... :tongue: