So from what i can tell..

My guess is that either Cavaliers or Blue Devils will be the 2011 champion. Other than 2005, they have consistently been the best 2 corps throughout the entire last decade, and until someone else steps up, I would have to say these 2 corps are the ones most people would put their money on. Of course, everyone is hoping that Coats and Crown make a challenge for the top spot in the next few years, but it is tough to compete against 2 corps such as BD and Cavaliers who have consistently managed to use their strengths to remain at the top. I do think Cadets and SCV may manage to beat them a couple of times during the season, but would really expect BD and Cavies to probably end up 1-2 again. But it would be nice to see some of the 4-8 corps, like Coats, Crown, Boston and Blue Stars to push into the top 3, like Crown and Coats have managed to do recently.

• Like 1

As i said earlier, it was from a staff member

While a corps' staff is certainly going to try (internally) to be brutally honest evaluating talent (and writing shows to match), I can't imagine a staff member saying 'our corps isn't nearly as talented as they were last year' for public attribution. Which means (a) they didn't say it or (b) they said it in confidence.

going by what ive heard/seen from reliable sources, its going to be a blood bath between Blue Devils, Cavaliers and Cadets. Mostly between cavaliers and BD. I know its too early to tell, but i have a hunch the cavaliers will bring the fire and give BD a run for their money. I also dont see devils dropping out of the top two. Not that im a devils fan, i just dont see a corps thats been consistent will lose momentum now. Any thoughts?

There appears to be a giant gaping hole in your logic.

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

So from what I can tell this thread serves no purpose.

• Like 5

Everyone who is a fan or relative of a member of any corps has "reliable information" that their favorite corps is going to win. lol.

Good thread though.

While a corps' staff is certainly going to try (internally) to be brutally honest evaluating talent (and writing shows to match), I can't imagine a staff member saying 'our corps isn't nearly as talented as they were last year' for public attribution. Which means (a) they didn't say it or (b) they said it in confidence.

Since me and him are so close, i doubt what he was telling me was a lie. But i guess he also didnt count on me saying anything to anyone about it. But regardless of what ive heard, we will see what happens in a couple months.

• Like 2

So from what I can tell this thread serves no purpose.

Exactly. What a hot mess! :lookaround:

• Like 2