So from what i can tell..

Well, with friends like you, who needs enemies, right ? Your going public with info given to you in apparent confidence where your friend " didn't count on me saying anything to anyone about it", is surely the classic case of betrayal. You apparently have no idea how your words here on this thread tell us more about you and how you treat your supposed close friends, than anything about the alleged talent level of a Corps.

who are you to judge me for the things i do?

In the end it doesnt matter. My statement wont effect the placements of any of the corps so this shouldnt even be an issue.

Also, keep in mind the outcome of any of these corps wont effect any of your lives. Its not gonna make your bills disappear or cure cancer.

Bring on the hate. :beer:

• Like 4

oh and whoever scores highest will win

We have a winner!

In the end it doesnt matter. My statement wont effect the placements of any of the corps so this shouldnt even be an issue.

Also, keep in mind the outcome of any of these corps wont effect any of your lives. Its not gonna make your bills disappear or cure cancer.

We "judge" people, Corps, comments, etc on here all the time. If you don't want to have your comments on here "judged", then don't participate in a public discussion website where what you say you did will be "judged". Nobody here believes that what any of us say on here will " pay our bills or cure cancer ". So you can probably disabuse yourself of that silly notion. If what you said on this thread however is true, you betrayed a close friend on here. Thats what you did. I'm not your " judge " on that. I just pointed out the obvious betrayal, thats all. How you and your close friend deal with that public betrayal is your business, not mine. It just gave me an insight into how you treat a close friend, thats all. But that insight on you is no big deal in my life, believe me.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

In order to win a championship, you have to have 4 things all working together at the same time:

1)Marchers with an average talent of above average,

2)Talented staff with EXPERIENCE that can a) write very good arrangements and have the music all fit together well with the b) drill, that is written well in conjunction with the music,

3)A really good show theme that is above average in difficulty, both musically and visually

4)The ability to execute it to almost perfection.

Also, the marchers can do their show perfectly, but a better show design and more difficulty will always win out over an easier show performed slightly better.

Not all corps have all of this that will work for them.

Some corps, like Blue Devils, Cadets, Cavaliers, have such rich tradition and history, not to mention money, that they are able to get the creamier of the crop to audition, and get the best staff. This is why the Blue Devils have taken 4th or better every single year since 1975 with the exception of 1991, when they took 5th.

I don't see a show theme like "Rach Star" winning. I don't even see that kind of theme in the top 3.

However, I do see a show like Cadets 2011 theme able to be 3rd or 4th. Depends on how it is written, and then executed.

What I really hope though for this year, is that the most entertaining show will win.

Of course, that's subjective, not all of us will have the same favorite show, but I hope my favorite show wins...but I really don't think that will happen this year.

Predictions, well, I see Blue Devils and Cavaliers in the top 2, Cadets in 3rd, SCV and PR 4-5, Crown, Bluecoats and Blue Stars 6-8. Scouts, Crusaders, Blue Knights and either Glassmen or Academy finishing it out.

Either way it goes, I hope there are more entertaining shows for me this year than there were last year.

In order to win a championship, you have to have 4 things all working together at the same time:

1)Marchers with an average talent of above average,

2)Talented staff with EXPERIENCE that can a) write very good arrangements and have the music all fit together well with the b) drill, that is written well in conjunction with the music,

3)A really good show theme that is above average in difficulty, both musically and visually

4)The ability to execute it to almost perfection.

Also, the marchers can do their show perfectly, but a better show design and more difficulty will always win out over an easier show performed slightly better.

Not all corps have all of this that will work for them.

Some corps, like Blue Devils, Cadets, Cavaliers, have such rich tradition and history, not to mention money, that they are able to get the creamier of the crop to audition, and get the best staff. This is why the Blue Devils have taken 4th or better every single year since 1975 with the exception of 1991, when they took 5th.

I don't see a show theme like "Rach Star" winning. I don't even see that kind of theme in the top 3.

However, I do see a show like Cadets 2011 theme able to be 3rd or 4th. Depends on how it is written, and then executed.

What I really hope though for this year, is that the most entertaining show will win.

Of course, that's subjective, not all of us will have the same favorite show, but I hope my favorite show wins...but I really don't think that will happen this year.

Predictions, well, I see Blue Devils and Cavaliers in the top 2, Cadets in 3rd, SCV and PR 4-5, Crown, Bluecoats and Blue Stars 6-8. Scouts, Crusaders, Blue Knights and either Glassmen or Academy finishing it out.

Either way it goes, I hope there are more entertaining shows for me this year than there were last year.

Ya!! I'm with boywonder on this one! I want my favorite show to win this year too! What a concept!

• Like 1

I have a friend on Bluecoats staff who says they are MORE talented this year...so I guess that settles it!

Well, with friends like you, who needs enemies, right ? Your going public with info given to you in apparent confidence where your friend " didn't count on me saying anything to anyone about it", is surely the classic case of betrayal. You apparently have no idea how your words here on this thread tell us more about you and how you treat your supposed close friends, than anything about the alleged talent level of a Corps.

• Like 2

I have a friend on Bluecoats staff who says they are MORE talented this year...so I guess that settles it!

That sounds a lot more feasible. Finishing as well as they did last season can only improve recruitment.

• Like 1

apparently you get a lot of hate. Negative 82 net rep points, lol. Maybe you get a prize if you hit 3 digits?

• Like 2