Cavaliers 2011 Program Desription

Cavaliers 2011 Program

The Cavaliers 2011 production XtraordinarY elevates the atmosphere of the drum corps field to the ambiance of an otherworldly realm, creating the perfect environment for viewers to share in the trek from the ordinary to the extraordinary.

Setting the stage for this unique fantasy is a wealth of musical diversity. The soundtrack begins with a curious and suspenseful overture giving nod to Eden Ahbez's "Nature Boy" and J. S. Bach's "Fugue in G Minor."

The Wayne Shorter standard "Footprints" gets an unexpected twist. State of the art musical textures, a futuristic ethnic flare, and remarkable choreographic moments combine to take the drum corps activity to totally new heights.

Jazz Mandolin Project's "Jungle Tango" hits the ground running with incredible whirling dervishes in the front ensemble, while sounds of an accordion weave a magic spell throughout the production. The incredible driving force of the percussion, combined with the stratospheric performance of the brass, keeps the 'in your face' intensity that fans have grown to love.

Having felt the underlying current of "Nature Boy" throughout the experience, the hauntingly beautiful melody returns in full force to capture a momentous and emotional realization---

--- the XtraordinarY within each of us.

Edited by GREENBLUE

I love Nature boy. Look really forward to seeing Cavies this season.

Okay, this just about sold me on this show. Sounds pretty epic. Can't wait to see it now!

• Like 1

^ Exactly!

I don't care what kind of show description they have, if they can't convey it on the field to the point where one can eventually understand the show without having to read what it's about, then the show isn't working.

As Gustav Mahler once said, "Down with programs!"

....im not sure what you all are reading but no where in their program description do they mention a plot, sub plots, characters, etc... I basically just read an overview of the program and what theyre doing with the musical selections. Every corps has to have some reasoning behind the selections theyve chosen or else all weve done is revert back to the 70's, where a corps just picks random songs that have no transitions or meaning to the next.

This is why DCP is sooo frustrating, you take a simple few paragraph show explantion and have to turn it into something negative.

• Like 3