First Annual Baritone Blow Off and Beer Bash

randomnoise

Just reading this post is a HOOT.....sounds like this will be tons of fun!!!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious:

What note do you think will project the loudest out of a baritone?

Is there an ideal note that one should play for maximum volume or would the note vary by player?

There's got to be some science to it.

For example, a very high note on soprano can be heard over almost anything. I'm assuming that's due to it's pitch not it's volume. As a soprano player, I would imagine the maximum decibels would be achieved in the mid range around a 'G' or an 'A' below high C. (I may be wrong but I thought I heard that back in the day.) Does this hold for Baritones? If so what note/range?

Lastly, is it louder if your viking drunk (or do you just think it is)? %-)  :yikes:  %-)  :yikes:  %-)  :sly:

I'm playing a G above the staff.

As far as playing drunk, there would definitely be no inhibitions as to tone quality control...  ]:-)

Then it would seem that the "G" (or maybe "A") that I referenced for a soprano would be the 'volume' note to play on any G bugle, eh?

I thought that, but having never played anything brass lower than a mellophone, I wasn't sure.

BTW, what's 'tone quality'? Is that like

Schwepp-a-vescience(sp)? ^:)

Schwepp-a-vescience(sp)?

"Schweppe-er-vescence" -- with that british accent sounds like "schweppe-a-vescence" ... think effervescense

Man, I spend too much time here...   :yikes:

As far as playing drunk, there would definitely be no inhibitions as to tone quality control...  ]:-)

Better not be,or Im boycotting,LOL

J :P

WOW 20 replies without one person saying "what about quality, musicianship and can they do it while running full speed backwards playing only upbeats"!  This is an old fasion drum corps blast fest!!!  My money is going on Pooh Bear.

Dugada

My soprano goes to 11

WOW 20 replies without one person saying "what about quality, musicianship and can they do it while running full speed backwards playing only upbeats

Thats Division II.

:P