First Annual Baritone Blow Off and Beer Bash

randomnoise

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the correction! Pip-pip, Cheerio!

Oh, what the heck...I'll take "Wesson-ality" for $200, Alex!

Oooh. soorey.

:P J

My money is going on Pooh Bear.

....and with that money we can buy more beers - LOL.

I just got back from RA rehersal this weekend - things are going just fine.  I broke out the 2v King to see if there was any difference in sound - I think there are some leaks in that old horn.  It still plays well - tribute to Ziggy.  I still prefer my 3v Kanstul.  Frank - I think I still have a 12C laying around somewhere.  I will use that piece - but ya got to let me play a double C (doube F for Louis and bflaters).  The summer is just around the corner - I can't wait.   :D

Good luck and vibes to all the corps. Accentuate the positive.

Geoff - It is very strange seeing a PR dude that likes King horns - didn't you guys blow on DEG/Dynasty in your days?

I know there are some 2v laying in the back of the Blue Knights warehouse - they need lots of TLC.

I'll talk to Mark Arnold and see if he wants to sell some of them - #### they are just collecting dust.

Hey Pooh Bear, sorry for the late response. I marched in a few other corps besides PR, and was lucky enough to play a variety of horns. To me, the 2v King was the ultimate. Just an incredibly sweet horn to play. I do love the 3v DEG I play on now, and the Kanstul that I own is fine, too (although it's currently in need of a slight valve casing repair that inhibits playing), but in all my years, I will never come across a horn I love more than the 2V King horn.

Please talk to Mark. That would be awesome. See you in Scranton!

I still play on a king two valve,and even though the rest of the line has three valve degs(or kanstuls) I wouldnt trade it in for ANYTHING.I wove my horn.LOL

J :P

I still play on a king two valve,and even though the rest of the line has three valve degs(or kanstuls) I wouldnt trade it in for ANYTHING.I wove my horn.LOL

J :P

I first played on a King 2V this season, and it very nice BUT nothing comes close to my Kanstul 3V baritone grande (cept for a Kanstul Euph....I LOVE those).

::tosses his 2 cents with everyone else::

Dang Pooh.....I guess I'll let ya go for the double high C...on the deepest, hugest bass trombone mouthpiece I can find!! :)

I wonder if I still have my 11C. I'll have to look!  Talk about a pea shooter!

And all yous guys talking about your King 2V--I might just have to borrow Moon's!!!!

My money is going on Pooh Bear.

....and with that money we can buy more beers - LOL.

I just got back from RA rehersal this weekend - things are going just fine.  I broke out the 2v King to see if there was any difference in sound - I think there are some leaks in that old horn.  It still plays well - tribute to Ziggy.  I still prefer my 3v Kanstul.  Frank - I think I still have a 12C laying around somewhere.  I will use that piece - but ya got to let me play a double C (doube F for Louis and bflaters).  The summer is just around the corner - I can't wait.   :D

Good luck and vibes to all the corps. Accentuate the positive.

My kanstul 3-valve frenchie was supremely superior to the mello I'm playing on now...... (that shall remain nameless)

the valve response on this horn I'm playing on now, even after it's been worked on, just sucks compared to that kanstul.

-Terri (kanstul fan)

what about quality, musicianship and can they do it while running full speed backwards playing only upbeats

devil.gifhehe