Arlington, VA (06/25)

Good job BAC! Up 3 points from two nights ago.

Recaps up

Madison took first in each caption but Music Ensemble... (Boston took first in this)

Spirit took 2nd over Boston in GE Visual

Recaps up

Madison took first in each caption but Music Ensemble... (Boston took first in this)

Spirit took 2nd over Boston in GE Visual

No perc judge tonight? What gets doubled if that's the case- music ensemble? That could account for a bit of the gap tonight as the percussion section has been the highest scoring for Bones so far and the music ensemble gap was fairly wide between them and spirit.

I too was wondering how we get from the Music Ensemble score to the Music Total score without the Percussion score.

Any help?

There's a percussion judge listed, did they just not fill in the blanks?

Ah...I see now that the actual recap does NOT list a percussion judge.

I'll go back to my original question...

Considering Boston's latest percussion scores, I'm guessing they're happy it wasn't averaged in to the total score for tonight's show. sad.gif I trust things will be worked out in due time.

True... but then without a Color Guard judge it gets even more muddled.

But I'd imagine everybody's happy with tonite's early season score and placement, except for perhaps Crossmen. They didn't get much of a bump tonite for whatever reason.

True... but then without a Color Guard judge it gets even more muddled.

But I'd imagine everybody's happy with tonite's early season score and placement, except for perhaps Crossmen. They didn't get much of a bump tonite for whatever reason.

Hmm...everyone, currently, isn't being scored for color guard so I'm not quite sure how that fits with tonight's scoring. Pardon me if I've misunderstood something. Bottom line, scoring would have been different if percussion was included like it has been since the beginning of the season. I'm not saying for better or for worse for whichever group...just different. Still a great night for both groups.

I too was wondering how we get from the Music Ensemble score to the Music Total score without the Percussion score.

Any help?

There's a percussion judge listed, did they just not fill in the blanks?

Here's something some of you will want to know about:

There was no percussion judge at either the Arlington, VA or Grand Rapid show, which is why the Percussion caption score is blank. There was, however, a brass judge, but the Brass score is not being displayed. You can figure out the Brass score from the total score if you wish, or you can do something easier that won't require a calculator.

Though you won't be able to see the Brass scores on the currently displayed recaps from either of these shows due to something that will be fixed probably in the next day, you can still see the actual Brass scores by going into the recaps section of the scores on DCI.org and clicking on "Download the All-Age Recap," which opens up a .pdf file of the correct recap.

A change from last year is that the fifth judge at all five-judge shows this year is randomly assigned from one of these captions; Brass, Percussion, Visual Performance and Color Guard.