Amping the brass line

211 members have voted

1. 1. We've amped the pit to allow for more subtle technique, we've amped some soloists to better balance with the rest of the corps. If corps started miking the entire brass line to improve balance, allow for better technique, etc, would you support...

• Sounds like a great idea! I think it would improve the experience for me.
    • If corps want to try it, more power to them.
    • I would support it if better equipment (PAs, mixers, mikes) were used.
    • I would complain about it, but let's be honest, I'm not going to stop going to shows because of it.
    • Terrible idea! It would bother me so much, I think I would stop going to shows.

1 minute ago, MikeN said:

All you have to do is call them and ask.  Costs you about $40.  It's not some secret conspiracy.

Mike

Still, when BOA and WGI have free PDFs of their most up-to-date rulebooks on their websites and DCI makes you pay $40 just to get a hard copy of the most up-to-date version of theirs, that's kind of unfair IMO.

37 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Penalty rules are often not enforced until the first regional. Or so I have heard. A few years ago, Bluecoats did a pre-show cheer so loud in the tunnel at Akron that it marred the ballad in Phantom's show (I gather Bloo was mortified when they realized they had been heard). And because that show was recorded for the season-opening cinema screening, everyone across the country got to hear it. There was no penalty. (I wrote to DCI a the time inquiring why not, but never heard back.)

Of course because everyone at DCI are afraid to make a real decision. NOT a surprise. WGI outdoor. Just change the name now. 

3 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Still, when BOA and WGI have free PDFs of their most up-to-date rulebooks on their websites and DCI makes you pay $40 just to get a hard copy of the most up-to-date version of theirs, that's kind of unfair IMO.

Forgive me in advance, I'm more playing Devil's Advocate than trying to antagonize you, but fair to who?  If you're looking to start a corps through SoundSport, then there's a free rulebook online, and if you're looking to advance to Open Class, then $40 is the least of your worries.

I dunno.  DCI gets more than its fair share of armchair lawyers, I think.  If they want to try to minimize the time they spend litigating the rulebook with fans, I'm not sure I disagree.

Mike

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stu said:

Around 0.0009% of those who have attended DCI Finals since this poll first appeared in 2011 have voted in this thread. Yep, the corps design teams sure are shaking in their boots to appease us DCP grumps!!

I'm going to say you are being condescending to everyone with a differing opinion. :whistle::peek: 

1 minute ago, MikeN said:

Forgive me in advance, I'm more playing Devil's Advocate than trying to antagonize you, but fair to who?  If you're looking to start a corps through SoundSport, then there's a free rulebook online, and if you're looking to advance to Open Class, then $40 is the least of your worries.

I dunno.  DCI gets more than its fair share of armchair lawyers, I think.  If they want to try to minimize the time they spend litigating the rulebook with fans, I'm not sure I disagree.

Mike

Corporate hack? You are correct about the 40 bones. But come on. Be real. or not ... maybe you and this stu should get a conference room. 

15 minutes ago, MikeN said:

All you have to do is call them and ask.  Costs you about $40.  It's not some secret conspiracy.

Mike

But lets all be real. 40 dollars for rules? It is like you are being a corporate shill. Lock step with DCI? seriously? It is just a rule book. 

6 minutes ago, E3D said:

I'm going to say you are being condescending to everyone with a differing opinion. :whistle::peek: 

So, your opinion is that more than 0.0009% of those who have attended Finals sine 2011 have voted here, and that this poll does actually influence the Corps design teams. And that I am being condscending. Okey dokey.

YOU are condescending that is a FACT. YOU said you are a JUDGE on some level. That does not give you carte blanche. IT is a problem and it will diminish the activity in my opinion. 

Here again emoji's and all. :whistle::peek::whistle: it was like I hit a double whammmie.