Davenport IA Show

Bluecoats just finished! Fantastic!! Clean show. Overall, I give the nod to the Scouts tonight. Just had the whole package. Scores coming shortly!

Corn,beans,wheat, and hayseeds !!!!............... :tongue::smile:

Awwwww Bill!!! Don't do us like that! It's bigger than you think!

Corn,beans,wheat, and hayseeds !!!!............... :tongue::smile:

John Deere...you can even visit the tractor museum for free!

(I am so not kidding, it is kinda a cool place with computer simulations, old tractors, etc.)

John Deere...you can even visit the tractor museum for free!

(I am so not kidding, it is kinda a cool place with computer simulations, old tractors, etc.)

Been there. It is pretty cool. Have to like green and yellow though! : )

I didn't really go out and watch rehearsal over the weekend in Metamora, but the Blue Stars did change the entire drill to the closer. It is a bit dirty yet, the scores will probably reflect that, but time will tell to see if this new drill will give them the boost they need.

I was pretty happy to see the Colt Cadets close with Shostakovich Symphony 5 movt 4! They do need more trumpets, there are just not enough in comparison to the amount of low brass they have, but they surprised me anyways. Nice job.

Also saw the Crossmen for the first time this year. Was impressed. Real nice sound from this young corps. Not sure if it has enough to make Finals, but I can see them making Finals in a couple of years if they retain their good members and grow together.

Madison sounded very good, but I still don't like their closer. They hardly move. They just kinda wander towards the pit playing a ballad. It is decent enough effect because of the music they are playing, but I can see a new closer drill coming from these guys soon. At least I hope so, for the sake of more entertainment.

I didn't really go out and watch rehearsal over the weekend in Metamora, but the Blue Stars did change the entire drill to the closer. It is a bit dirty yet, the scores will probably reflect that, but time will tell to see if this new drill will give them the boost they need.

I was pretty happy to see the Colt Cadets close with Shostakovich Symphony 5 movt 4! They do need more trumpets, there are just not enough in comparison to the amount of low brass they have, but they surprised me anyways. Nice job.

Also saw the Crossmen for the first time this year. Was impressed. Real nice sound from this young corps. Not sure if it has enough to make Finals, but I can see them making Finals in a couple of years if they retain their good members and grow together.

Madison sounded very good, but I still don't like their closer. They hardly move. They just kinda wander towards the pit playing a ballad. It is decent enough effect because of the music they are playing, but I can see a new closer drill coming from these guys soon. At least I hope so, for the sake of more entertainment.

check their schedule, after san antonio they dont compete until atlanta. my guess is to expect any major changes then.

Rhythms Along the River

Place Corps Score

World Class

1 Bluecoats 81.150

2 Madison Scouts 79.400

3 Blue Stars 79.000

4 Troopers 74.350

5 Crossmen 72.850

6 Teal Sound 68.500

Open Class

1 Colt Cadets

Read more: http://www.dci.org/scores/#ixzz1Rr3nR9UZ