The Colts owe me a BIG apology!

Hahaha LMAO!! What's gonna happen indeed....

I went to the Colts home show last night in Dubuque. And I'm sorry to say that I found myself completely entertained despite the fact that not one G8 corps was there. I thought that type of thing was NOT supposed to happen!! I think somebody owes me an apology.

It all started with the Colt Cadets. I knew those kids were up to no good the minute I heard the hot drum licks and saw their energetic marching. Then they had the gall to play music that entertained the crowd. Notorious indeed!

But it didn't stop there. Next came Teal Sound. And how were they? Well, lets just say they committed the 8th sin with their show - being entertaining! I took a few minutes to compose myself. "Maybe they just didn't get the memo," I thought. "Spirit is up next. Surely THEY know how it's supposed to be. They'll follow the rules and come out flat and dull like - wait a minute..."

Spirit was entertaining too! Then it just wouldn't stop... Glassmen? Entertaining. Madison? Entertaining. Boston? Entertaining. Colts? Entertaining. It was as if EVERY corps planned on being entertaining from the very beginning!! Dear God, what a disaster.

Oh, and I'm not the only one who was entertained. I looked around and all I could see were rows and rows of smiling faces. "Stop, STOP!" I cried, "This is NOT the way it's supposed to be!" But people just kept on enjoying the show and cheering for all the corps anyway. The poor fools.

So today I'm upset and a little worried. If this entertainment thing catches on with every corps that is not G8, well, I just don't think drum corps will ever be the same again. Heaven help us.

This is my favorite post that's ever been made on DCP. Bravo.

• Like 1

I went to the Colts home show last night in Dubuque. And I'm sorry to say that I found myself completely entertained despite the fact that not one G8 corps was there. I thought that type of thing was NOT supposed to happen!! I think somebody owes me an apology.

It all started with the Colt Cadets. I knew those kids were up to no good the minute I heard the hot drum licks and saw their energetic marching. Then they had the gall to play music that entertained the crowd. Notorious indeed!

But it didn't stop there. Next came Teal Sound. And how were they? Well, lets just say they committed the 8th sin with their show - being entertaining! I took a few minutes to compose myself. "Maybe they just didn't get the memo," I thought. "Spirit is up next. Surely THEY know how it's supposed to be. They'll follow the rules and come out flat and dull like - wait a minute..."

Spirit was entertaining too! Then it just wouldn't stop... Glassmen? Entertaining. Madison? Entertaining. Boston? Entertaining. Colts? Entertaining. It was as if EVERY corps planned on being entertaining from the very beginning!! Dear God, what a disaster.

Oh, and I'm not the only one who was entertained. I looked around and all I could see were rows and rows of smiling faces. "Stop, STOP!" I cried, "This is NOT the way it's supposed to be!" But people just kept on enjoying the show and cheering for all the corps anyway. The poor fools.

So today I'm upset and a little worried. If this entertainment thing catches on with every corps that is not G8, well, I just don't think drum corps will ever be the same again. Heaven help us.

If you have an issue with the colts organization, contact then directly instead of airing your dirty laundry on a public forum.

:p

• Like 6

That was GREAT. Thank you!

This is an outrageous situation and must be dealt with immediately. Just think of the threat to the power structure if word gets out that ALL of the corps are amazingly talented, entertaining, and populated with good kids. Total collapse, that’s what I’m talking about!

(agreed, best thread in a long time!)

:thumbup:

• Like 3