Rochester, New York

1 Syracuse Brigadiers

2 Reading Buccaneers

3 Hawthorne Caballeros

4 Rochester Crusaders

5 Hamburg Kingsmen

Exhibition: St. Joes of Batavia

Thanks,

why don't I even remember this show? and it's not on DCA's list of scores?

something fishy?

why don't I even remember this show? and it's not on DCA's list of scores?

something fishy?

Solinger probably has it ...

:-)

I am pretty sure we won that show. We began '71 very strong, but in mid-season we lost in Baltimore after being rained on. The rest of the season pretty much belonged to Sky after that. (I'm not sure we won anything after Baltimore.)

I doubt I have the scores anywhere, but I will look for them.

We began '71 very strong, but in mid-season we lost in Baltimore after being rained on. The rest of the season pretty much belonged to Sky after that. (I'm not sure we won anything after Baltimore.)

Sure. Blame it all on Baltimore. :tongue:

I am pretty sure we won that show. We began '71 very strong, but in mid-season we lost in Baltimore after being rained on. The rest of the season pretty much belonged to Sky after that. (I'm not sure we won anything after Baltimore.)

I doubt I have the scores anywhere, but I will look for them.

Yeah, the Fleetwood album only has Cru, Brigs, Hamburg and St. Joes...

Don't know why my score archive has Cabs and Bucs, and I can't remember where I got it originally.

I'll remove them...

(Still would like scores if they ever show up)

Mere coincidence, Fran! I wasn't insinuating anything about your fair city. Just dumb luck that a thunderstorm struck as we competed in the old Memorial Stadium. We were stopped at concert, pulled off the field, and had to go back on again to do our whole show later.

We were just not very good on the second-go-round that night. :thumbdown: (For the record, we came in third to Sky and Hurcs, Reading was fourth, Les Dips were fifth, and the Westshoremen were sixth.)

And I have no scores for the June 19 show in Rochester, though I do remember competing there that year very clearly.

Edited by cabalumnidrummer

Actually, Baltimore is where we (Sky) replaced Save The Country with Alabama Jubilee into concert and it was a game changer ... I think we lost one more time to the Cabs in Saratoga Springs (sp) and then went undeafeated from Dream 71 to Dream 72 ... so ... yeah ... in a sense it was Baltimore's fault!

• Like 1

Actually, Baltimore is where we (Sky) replaced Save The Country with Alabama Jubilee into concert and it was a game changer ... I think we lost one more time to the Cabs in Saratoga Springs (sp) and then went undeafeated from Dream 71 to Dream 72 ... so ... yeah ... in a sense it was Baltimore's fault!

Sky was terrific that night. I remember watching you guys march back from the stadium to the field house, and you were playing Alabama Jubilee. You'd think you had just won the DCA title they way you guys were fired up! A few weeks later it was the Dream, the World Open Invitational and the DCA you were celebrating!