How do we save Drum Corps

yet some of the top corps are in the worst financial shape, despite all the "bring in".

I mean, imagine if one of those three lost $300k last year? How much worth do they really add when they can't even control their own finances?

Wait....what?

Last year, the top eight received a significant raise in pay from the TOC series. I find it hard to "imagine" any of them losing $300,000 in the same season this revenue increase took place.

If you are indicating that this actually happened with one of them, then my reaction would be that it is high time for the incumbent DCI member corps to undergo the same evaluation that new/recent members have already passed.

This discussion has taken a bit of a different tack than I expected and I feel the need to clarify. I see this discussion turning toward the need to help the lesser corps or abandon them and the effect this has on the elites. How they are used essentially as feeder corps. What I would like to see would have no diminishing effect on the elite corps. Instead, if anything, it would enhance them. I was talking about a system that enhanced the lesser corps, NOT at the expense of the elites, but to everyone's mutual benefit (including the fans and DCI as an organization). If the lesser corps could be helped to improve what would happen? The elites would have better talent to draw upon than they do now. The fans would see more entertaining shows. DCI would sell more tickets. The activity could grow. With increased interest, perhaps we could even see more corps hitting the circuit. Like I said in my original post, I'm not sure how this gets done, but if no one is even thinking in this direction it certainly won't happen.

I'm all ears. Throw out your plan for discussion.

• Like 1

Wait....what?

Last year, the top eight received a significant raise in pay from the TOC series. I find it hard to "imagine" any of them losing $300,000 in the same season this revenue increase took place.

If you are indicating that this actually happened with one of them, then my reaction would be that it is high time for the incumbent DCI member corps to undergo the same evaluation that new/recent members have already passed.

:ph34r: