Shake on the Lake

Everyone knows Cleveland's former (?) nickname, The Mistake on the Lake. I think there's going to be some excitment shaking things up between BDB, OC and Spartans in Erie tonight. Anyone going and posting updates for those living vicariously through your attendance and posts?

Garry in Vegas

Everyone knows Cleveland's former (?) nickname, The Mistake on the Lake. I think there's going to be some excitment shaking things up between BDB, OC and Spartans in Erie tonight. Anyone going and posting updates for those living vicariously through your attendance and posts?

Garry in Vegas

I am actually in the press box at Harborcreek Junior High School stadium now, situated at about the 43 yard line on side 2 of the field. I've got a great view of the field and will be covering the entire show for you all.

Oh, and we haven't lit the Cuyahoga River on fire in a while, so I think we can drop the Mistake on the Lake moniker, maybe give it to Buffalo. :P

Here's where you can find all of my observations about tonight's show:

This thread. :D

Twitter - http://www.twitter.com/kevingamin

Facebook - http://www.facebook.com/kevingamin

Google+ - https://plus.google.com/101166939335195707710

I am also reviewing this show for Drum Corps World, so watch for it to appear in either one of the email blasts between issue or the next issue in the beginning of September.

Crap, there's a train track behind the stadium. Hope it's not too busy (like it is now).

Show announcer Brad Bell is welcoming the crowd. Show will be starting soon.

Canadian and American national anthems are sung, judges are announced, and legal disclaimers are made. Blue Saints are lining up to take the field.

First on the field tonight are the Blue Saints from Sudbury, Ontario, Canada. Their 2011 program is entitled Stranded and consists of:

Dies Irae (from Verdi's Requiem) by Verdi, Giuseppe

Truman Sleeps from The Truman Show by Glass, Philip

Original Piece by Todd Schultz, Jordan Avey, Chris Scarberry

Lightning by Glass, Philip

There are four backdrops on the back of the field, each with a number on them: 52, 11, 19, 20. Not sure what they represent yet.

Three snares, one tenor, five basses, seven pit, one drum major, six guard (currently carrying luggage), six brass.