The New Giant Meadowland

There is a lot of drum corp to go.To say it is a 2 horse race is beyond naive.The Cavaliers are in this trust me.Crown will not catch the Cavaliers.Someones score is going to stall out.The Cavaliers are .35 behind the Cadets and .4 behind BD.Good lord that is not a big spread.Crown does not have the show to battle the top 3.Now i could be wrong but i think the Cavaliers are in this.We will see a someone add 3 pts or so to their score.Finals week is full of surprises.Trust me the Cavaliers are are not one bit intimidated by the Cadets,BD,or your predictions.

• Like 4

Just came back from Bloo's rehearsal. Man, what I wouldn't do to be 10 years younger.

That being said, anyone know a good birth certificate forger? :tongue:

I guarantee the Cadets win tonight.

The first truly competitive race for the title in years......

Cavaliers and Crown will battle for 3rd. This, my friends, is a two horse race......BD and Cadets are in a league of their own.

Blue Devils= Polish and profesionalism

Cadets= Intensity and emotion.

Both corps can generate enough points based on their strengths to outscore the other...when they are on top of their game.

I for one, will be happy with either outcome.

Geoffrey

Cheers to that!

Minus the last line... :tongue:

There is a lot of drum corp to go.To say it is a 2 horse race is beyond naive.The Cavaliers are in this trust me.Crown will not catch the Cavaliers.Someones score is going to stall out.The Cavaliers are .35 behind the Cadets and .4 behind BD.Good lord that is not a big spread.Crown does not have the show to battle the top 3.Now i could be wrong but i think the Cavaliers are in this.We will see a someone add 3 pts or so to their score.Finals week is full of surprises.Trust me the Cavaliers are are not one bit intimidated by the Cadets,BD,or your predictions.

Relax. I simply gave my opinion.

I like how you argue its naive to think Cadevils has it locked up, then completely dismiss the thought of Crown passing Cavies in the very next sentence.

Yes, someone's score probably will stall out. That would be Cavies imo.

Did I say anything about Cavies being intimidated? No. I doubt any believes that. I wasn't slighting Cavies.

• Like 3

I'm going to say that the scores and rankings tonight aren't going to tell us much about what the championships will bring. I think Cavies and BD going on so much earlier than Cadets along with the new sheets basically prevent any attempt to read nuance into the subtleties of the scoring tonight versus Allentown. Not to mention weather factors, etc. I think BD has a better chance of winning tonight and at Prelims than they do at finals, just because the room the judges will have to score the corps will be distorted because of the order tonight and because of the raw count of corps on Thursday. I'm not sure how going on third will impact the Cavies, but given that they've been coming in below Cadets and BD lately, it'd probably be better to go on later.

Edited by skywhopper
  • Like 1

I'm going to say that the scores and rankings tonight aren't going to tell us much about what the championships will bring. I think Cavies and BD going on so much earlier than Cadets along with the new sheets basically prevent any attempt to read nuance into the subtleties of the scoring tonight versus Allentown. Not to mention weather factors, etc. I think BD has a better chance of winning tonight and at Prelims than they do at finals, just because the room the judges will have to score the corps will be distorted because of the order tonight and because of the raw count of corps on Thursday. I'm not sure how going on third will impact the Cavies, but given that they've been coming in below Cadets and BD lately, it'd probably be better to go on later.

I think we'll be able to tell a little based on scores. Cavies and BD have been going on way before Cadets and Crown at these shows but have still come out on top. Cadets have surged since then and Cavies have fallen behind a bit. Also, Cadets have the prime performance spot. Interesting to see how the placements end up relative to how they've been at the other TOC shows.

The New Meadowlands Stadium

102 Rt 120

East Rutherford, NJ 07073

7:40p Blue Stars

8:00p Bluecoats

8:20p Cavaliers

8:40p Blue Devils

9:00p Intermission

9:20p Santa Clara Vanguard

9:40p Phantom Regiment

10:00p Carolina Crown

10:20p Cadets

10:45p Finale

Trust me, Cavaliers are not winning this year. Do I like them ? Absolutely, Their GE is wonderful and their guard really sells the program...however, its a bit re-hashed material for them...Im not being rude, crass, arrogant, naive, silly, ignorant etc.....

The title will come down to the two corps Blue Devils and Cadets.

Geoffrey

• Like 3