Santa Clara Vanguard - GE Music and Brass Scores

Gail Royer passed on June 17th, 1993. Ha-Makom y'nachem et'chem b'toch sha'ar aveilei Tzion v'Yerushalayim.

Meaning...

Meaning...

"Sherry in the sauce makes them sleep better."

:-)

"Sherry in the sauce makes them sleep better."

:-)

:smile:

Meaning...

The English translation for Ha-Makom y'nachem et'chem b'toch sha'ar aveilei Tzion v'Yerushalayim is "May God comfort you among the other mourners of Zion and Jerusalem."

• Like 1

The English translation for Ha-Makom y'nachem et'chem b'toch sha'ar aveilei Tzion v'Yerushalayim is "May God comfort you among the other mourners of Zion and Jerusalem."

How appropriate for Gail - Thank you!

Gail Royer passed on June 17th, 1993. Ha-Makom y'nachem et'chem b'toch sha'ar aveilei Tzion v'Yerushalayim.

As far as I know, the corps still commemorates the anniversary every year by getting together and singing Clowns. It's such a moving experience to even witness, how one man can still receive such reverence for everything he did for the corps, after all of these years. :thumbup:

• Like 3

If given the opportunity to develop their program, the current brass staff under David Clemmer will produce an excellent brass ensemble. I'm also sure that they will recruit great players who will love their approach. Program choices are another issue.

Couldn't agree more!!! The problem is the same people have been making those programming choices for years. Again, I think it is time to take a different path from the likes of Mike McCool, Denise Bonfiglio, Peter Weber, and as much as I hate to write this ... Key.

• Like 3

Couldn't agree more!!! The problem is the same people have been making those programming choices for years. Again, I think it is time to take a different path from the likes of Mike McCool, Denise Bonfiglio, Peter Weber, and as much as I hate to write this ... Key.

But as a whole, these four people have only been together since 2009, when Denise was brought on. And Pete and Mike were 2008. Three years really isn't that long in terms of design staff. I mean, how long has the BD design staff been around? With the new staff, as a whole, I think we're closer to getting a cohesive program together next year from SCV, and they can climb all the way back up the ladder where they belong. :thumbup:

Edited by fsubone
  • Like 2

But as a whole, these four people have only been together since 2009, when Denise was brought on. And Pete and Mike were 2008. Three years really isn't that long in terms of design staff. I mean, how long has the BD design staff been around? With the new staff, as a whole, I think we're closer to getting a cohesive program together next year from SCV, and they can climb all the way back up the ladder where they belong. :thumbup:

Denise has been there since around 2006 and at least 2007. The recent one was the re-addition of Mike McCool ... so I am thinking 5 years for her, Pete and Key is long enough ... how many caption heads and techs have been let go during that time and who is responsible for that ... Denise on a lot of levels ... Sorry it is true ... People can clamor for consistency, but consistently producing results like the last five years does not warrant continued relationships.