The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

Because I'm indecisive and I feel that it's all up for grabs (mainly the former), I'm going to give some brackets for placements.

The Cadets: 1st - 5th, this show has potential to be something incredible but at the same time I don't know if they'll still have their momentum from last year.

Blue Devils: 1st - 3rd. I don't really see them dipping below 3rd.

Cavaliers: 1st - 3th. In general I feel that they're pretty solid in this department, and they'll definitely be bringing it this year. They generally end up in this ballpark.

Carolina Crown: 1st - 6th. Now this is where it gets tricky. Crown definitely has the potential to the gold, but at the same time they could place really low not because of their ability but because everyone else is also performing at a high level.

~~~

Phantom Regiment: 5th - 9th. I feel like they are going to drop due to staff changes and their percussion as well.

Santa Clara Vanguard: 3rd - 6th. Theoretically speaking, their programming this year and their staff will definitely bring them up the ranks. But they probably won't get higher than a bronze as long as the Cadeviliers exist.

Bluecoats: 4th - 7th. After this year I feel they'll start to rise again. I think they're bound to find that winning formula in the next couple of years.

Boston Crusaders: 7th - 9th. Boston's program was pretty impressive this past year. I don't think they'll move out of this boundary at all.

Blue Knights: 7th -10th. If they keep on doing what they've been doing, they shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Madison Scouts: 8th - 12th. They will probably still be in finals, but a killer brassline can't cover for any other weaknesses.

~~~

Blue Stars: 8th - 14th. I really hope they go back to doing something like Houdini.

Spirit of Atlanta: 10th - 15th. They improved so much last year, but who knows if they can maintain their lead.

Glassmen: 12th - 15th. They've been in the lower pack of finals for a while, so who knows.

Troopers: 12th - 16th. Their steampunk show was probably my favorite announcement so far. I just don't think that it'll be likely that they'll make it in, but who knows.

Academy: 12th - 16th. They're probably the strongest contender for their finals break-in. Plus their uniforms are sexy.

And for the rest I don't really have too much of a prediction. I only listed the potential finalists.

• Like 3

Carolina Crown - This show seems like a championship caliber one. No real room for cheese/ect of last year (still liked it). Not saying anything about the show, but it's going to be freaking amazing.

How do you know the show? Did you go to a camp... I am a crown nut and want to know xDDDD

I'd like to see Academy break into finals as well. And I'd *love* to see Xmen back in finals.

But....who's gonna miss if those two make it?

It...is...a...puzzlement!

I think Blue Stars are just hanging on... I think any corps from 9-12 is in danger of not making finals in 2012.

• Like 3

I know it was emphasized last year but I strongly feel this year the sleeper corps will be madison. They have the right staff adds in addition to the same team that has been there for going on three years now. With the possible show selection this coming season this corps will be one mean green machine.

• Like 1

I think Blue Stars are just hanging on... I think any corps from 9-12 is in danger of not making finals in 2012.

For the corps in this range, it is all about veteran member retention and staff stability. Based on the number of age-outs in the left stands at 2011 semis, it looks like Blue Stars had a bunch of members aging out (at least 40+). Plus, their drop in placement and poor choice of show in 2011 cannot be helping their retention of 19-21 year old vets this winter. I see Spirit, The Academy and Glassmen as possibly challenging them for their eleventh place/finalist spot in 2012.

As for the others, no predictions from me until at least the completion of March or April camps. Topo many variables still out there (i.e., show choices, tech staff announcements, camp pics/videos).

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

:rolleyes:

Have at it, boys.

Is it June yet?

I predict that there will be more fans in the stands for all 3 nights, Finals weekend! Keep up the good work all you kids, I for one am digging the product you all are putting on the field. 2012 is setting up to be classic! Cant wait!