The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

They just announced a couple of pieces :tongue::cool:

Haha! tongue.gif

Warning.... Warning... Never get into a disagreement with someone that has a particular corps as their avatar. Otherwise if don't predict their corps moving from 10th to top six you will never hear the end of it.

Edited by musclebud
  • Like 5

I predict that the winner of 2012 has yet to announce their show. Geez, everybody is taking forever.

dont you remember how long it took last year?

dont you remember how long it took last year?

Didn't it take until finals week for everyone to completely announce their show? tongue.gif

I think Crown held out a LONG time!

Didn't it take until finals week for everyone to completely announce their show? tongue.gif

I think Crown held out a LONG time!

thats what it felt like

thats what it felt like

They kept changing and adding little pieces to their show...

You know, summer will be here VERY soon, we're going to get a flurry of announcements! thumbup.gif

They just announced a couple of pieces :tongue::cool:

Haha, perhaps. Though, I'm not holding my breath when they're playing Lady Gaga. Could still be cool with the rest of the rep, so we'll see.

Personally I think it's gonna be between BD and Crown all summer. Rumor has it that BD won't even be using a prop this year. Not sure if that'll be better or worse, but again, we'll see.

• Like 1

No matter how many times you tell this joke it never gets less funny! Tell us the one about the Troopers next! :thumbup:

He already did...

I would have to disagree a little bit here. I do think maybe Boston was a place too low in 2008 and 2010, however, on the flip side, I would say they were a few places too high in 1999, placing 9th. Great show, but I would have had it in 13th, behind Bluecoats. I also thought they were a place or 2 higher than they should have been in 2002.

But personally I do see trends in the judging that would place corps out of the range where they should be. This was noticeable in both 2008 and 2009, more so than any other year I can remember. In 2008 there was a corp that was at least 2 places head of where it should have been. And in 2009, there was a corps that placed at least 4 places higher than they should have been. In both of these instances, the colorguard score is a dead giveaway of what was going on. Both corps had colorguards that were weak, one relatively to the other corps in the same level, and the next year, a colorguard that should have placed 21st, ended up around 12th or 13th during finals week.

Judging in 2010 seemed a little better, but 2011 seemed to slip back a little bit as well in terms of judging.

Most years I would agree with most placements, but I think 3 of the last 6 years, the judges haven't gotten things accurate(2006,2008,2009), and I think it has more to do with trying to get more fans into the activity. I would love to see a new champion, and someone new in top 12. But I do think it needs to be earned, and not given to up the ratings of DCI. And unfortunately, the storyline is becoming more important than the actual performances of shows that are put on the field. It's all in the American Idol style of judging. But then, I suppose alot of people really think their votes are really being counted up.

Haha, perhaps. Though, I'm not holding my breath when they're playing Lady Gaga. Could still be cool with the rest of the rep, so we'll see.

Personally I think it's gonna be between BD and Crown all summer. Rumor has it that BD won't even be using a prop this year. Not sure if that'll be better or worse, but again, we'll see.

Eh, Just because they're playing Lady Gaga music means nothing. They won with James Bond music and people were criticizing that music at the beginning of the season on here.

I'm sure there will be several strong corps out there and Crown and BD will be strong corps for sure!

• Like 4

He already did...

Missed that post. But I was wrong, anyways. The Phantom 08 one is getting old and stale. He needs to discover up with some more faked results in order to stay fresh . . . these newest posts don't even have one negative on them, when he used to bring as many as 9 or 10. No one's reading.

Edited by Rifuarian