The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

I have heard the cavaliers music (all but the closer at least). It is definitely not cheesy.

Please tell me one thing...is it as good as i think it's gonna be :thumbup:

I hope so.

I want Cheese.... more cheese... EXTRA cheese, thank you very much.

"I want it all...

I want it all.....

I want it now !! " ( with apologies to Freddie Mercury, Queen. )

I could not agree more..... more cheese please!!!!!

As a matter of fact aren't there some corps from the great state of Wisconsin?

Just imagine the intro.

"Presenting their program.....A Symphony in the key of Gouda....from Cheddar, Wisconsin..... The Blue Cheeses!!!!!

As you can see I try not to get too serious before the season actually starts.

While I understand your point, I wouldnt be so quick to judge a show concept. Was "Mad World" cheesy? Was "Machine" Cheesy? Was "007" cheesy? Any of the those three concepts could of lent themselves to the cheese factor, but instead earned the Cavaliers two world championships and a silver medal.

My point is...wait until you see/hear the product before stating a show concept cant win a title because it isnt serious. If I remember correctly many on this board thought that Crown should of won the title in'09....but tinkerbell on a drum major stand isnt cheesy? On the other hand, I thought the Cadets '10 Toy Souldier sounded like a cool concept until I saw Little Jeffey and well,.....need I say more.

Don't forget the judges sheets are changing this summer as well, so I don't think it's a bad idea for the Cavies to play the crowd.

There are seven selections in the Cavies rep this summer, to the extent in which each is used, we shall soon find out. Who knows Paparazzi could be 30 seconds.

I do agree with one thing though...I think this is shaping up to be a great year for drum corps.

Fanboy Much? How was the "tinkerbell" cheesy? and Little Jeffery was the SOUL in Toy SOULDIER.... its not cheese if its the story line.

Was "Mad World" cheesy?

It had its moments.

Was "Machine" Cheesy?

Absolutely it was.

Was "007" cheesy?

Yes.

The question is: Why does it matter? Drum corps is almost entirely cheese. But since we're such an insular community we've deluded ourselves into thinking that only certain aspects of drum corps are cheesy (like "Tinkerbell on a podium") and that the absolute cheesiest aspects of drum corps - hilariously over-dramatic and over-designed "intellectual" shows - are in fact super serious and kewl.

It's all cheese. And it's almost all great. Cavies have selected a great repertoire, and should have an amazing show. It'll be at least a little cheesy . . . though I don't think the Lady Gaga will make it so (not a fan, but I don't understand the hate . . . I also don't understand why drum corps fans think pop music always = cheesy).

• Like 4

Any of the those three concepts could of lent themselves to the cheese factor, but instead earned the Cavaliers two world championships and a silver medal.

You'll laugh at me for jumping on this, but it should be "could have"

instead of "could of". :smile:

• Like 1

The fact you can read this question with a straight face, TERRIFIES the old school drum corps guy in me.

cry_girl.gif

I had to use "Tinkerbell" because that's what he used. Since you obviously think it is oh so funny, explain how its cheesy.

Explain to me how it was Tinkerbell. Peter Pan wasn't part of the show. I always assumed she was representing Titania, Queen of the Fairies, or maybe even the androgynous "Puck" from "A Midsummer Night's Dream". And... you know, she was on the conductor's stand at the end of "Puck One" from Il Sogno, which Elvis Costello based on "A Midsummer Night's Dream".