The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

I LIKE when dennis is critical and says things how they are... why do we have to be all lovy dubby sunshine and lollypops?

"we can't hurt the kids"

hell, you should hear what the kids say

• Like 1

I remember clapping when Dennis said whatever he said last year. I forget what.

And it's not USBands where everyone gets a trophy. I welcome and encourage criticism. This is DCI. Marching Music's Major Leauge.

So they better be expecting criticism. Just like I criticize the Eagles or Lebron.

• Like 3

1. Cadets- Cadets know how to sale weird shows! It's just too bad my favorite corps is playing music I hate! ( Christmas Music! Yuck!)

2. Cavaliers- They will be fine visually. A fresh visual approach will do the Cavaliers good.

3. Blue Devils- With the new judging system, visual content means something again! It will be great to see the Devils march a more difficult show.

4. BlueCoats- They have had to have learned a lesson from last year.

5. Vanguard- Drums will be better this year. I see them moving up!

5. Crown- One of my favorite shows last year! One of my favorite corps! But, So many staff changes!

7. Phantom-

8. Madison- New Guard Staff, New Drum Staff! could go higher!

9. Blue Stars-

9. Boston-

11. Blue Knights- I don't know! It's February

12. Spirit-

13. Colts-

14. Glassmen

15. Troopers

16. Crossmen

17. Academy

18. Jersey Surf

19. Oregon Crusaders

20. Pacific Crest

21. Vanguard Cadets

22. Devils B

23.Mandarin

24. Teal Sound

25. Pioneer

Based on nothing!

I loved the comment you had for The Cavaliers. :thumbup:

I LIKE when dennis is critical and says things how they are... why do we have to be all lovy dubby sunshine and lollypops?

I didn't say that he had to spray rainbows and glitter everywhere. He just always looks ticked-off to be there announcing.

Edited by chaos001

Now that pretty much all of the shows/rep have been announced...

1st-2nd - BD and Crown

3rd - Cavies

4th - Cadets

5th - SCV

6th - Bluecoats

7th - Boston

8th - Phantom

9th - Madison

10th - BK

11th - Spirit

12th - Blue Stars

Now that pretty much all of the shows/rep have been announced...

1st-2nd - BD and Crown

3rd - Cavies

4th - Cadets

5th - SCV

6th - Bluecoats

7th - Boston

8th - Phantom

9th - Madison

10th - BK

11th - Spirit

12th - Blue Stars

I'm surprised you put Boston so high, especially over Phantom. Quite confident in Crown too... hmmmm... We'll see I guess. :tongue:

I'm surprised you put Boston so high, especially over Phantom. Quite confident in Crown too... hmmmm... We'll see I guess. :tongue:

I'm a big fan of Pines of Rome and Mahler 1, so if they put out a solid product, I think the rep will carry them pretty far. That's also not that high, considering they got 8th last year. Phantom has also dealt with a lot of changes that might provide a challenge to remaining competitive, but I have no doubt they will still put out a solid and enjoyable product. Crown and BD seem to have the only concepts in the top 4 to seriously merit a championship; while I have complete faith in the Cavaliers and Cadets to put on great shows, they don't strike me as having the kind of serious connotations that could be associated with previous championships. However, the only way that Crown will win its first championship is if they make it absolutely undeniable that they deserve it over the Cadevaliers, from a design and execution standpoint. I'm skeptical of the possibility considering the number of staff changes, particularly visual, but I wouldn't count them out with the design they've recently announced.

• Like 2

Kids in corps take harsh criticism very well. It is either something they've already figured out on their own, or they know the critic is full of crap.

They spend all summer together, they know the show like the back of their hand. Many of them are the future educators and innovators in the activity. They aren't stupid.

When D says something on point, the kids know it is on point. When Michael Cesario says stuff that makes no sense (and sounds like gay Bruce from Family Guy)---the kids laugh about it, because they know how off point he is.

Treat your marching kids like they are intelligent. Treat your audience like they are intelligent.

I'm not saying recreate the battle of Waterloo out there, but people aren't as stupid as they act in large crowds. Especially in an activity segment of the liberal fine arts.