The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

It's a drum corps truth universally acknowledged that for a new corps to medal, one or more of the Cadevaliers has to slip. The Cadets' show sounds weak - I keep hoping that the Christmas music will turn out to just be some gimmick and they are really playing something awesome instead. The Cavaliers will be coming to grips with a major staff change. The Blue Devils will be coming to grips with new sheets that reward different things.

I conclude it's a good year for somebody to make a move up. Crown and Vanguard seem like the most plausible candidates. They both have some great new staff, but can the new staff gel in a single year?

Also, I continue to predict that the 8th place TOC slot is cursed. It just means you have to do lots more stuff while the 9th place corps (who is probably like 0.2 behind you) is practicing. So this year, Boston drops a place and Madison moves into TOC?

Boston wants no part of 8th again this year. That's why they're taking steps to get back into the 5th or 6th neighborhood.

• Like 1

Boston wants no part of 8th again this year. That's why they're taking steps to get back into the 5th or 6th neighborhood.

Boston has been under scored the past few years. It's about time for them to move up to the next level.

• Like 1

That sounds like a good way to beat the 8th place "curse". If you're placing higher, all your competition is with the other TOC corps who are doing all the same events as you. But somebody has to finish last at the TOC events. I predict whoever it is gets beaten at finals by a non-TOC corps.

• Like 1

I think this can be said for all the corps in this group. Another reason it has become so competitive!

• Like 1

I predict there will be more drama.

I win.

• Like 1

Still too early, but here's a 20% reliability prediction:

1) Cavies

2) BD

3) Crown

4) Cadets

5) SCV

6) Boston

7) Phantom

8) Bluecoats

9) Madison

10) Spirit

11) Blue Knights

12/13) Glassmen/Academy (toss up)

14) Troopers

15) Blue Stars

16) Crossmen

17) Pacific Crest

18) Colts

19) Teal Sound

20) Oregon Crusaders

21) Mandarins

22) BD B

23) Jersey Surf

24) SCVC

25) Cascades

• Like 1

Not too sure I'd be dumping the Blue Stars all the way down to 15th. At the highest, I'll say 9th. At the lowest, I'll say 13th. After last year, it's going to take some time to climb back up to fighting for a 7th or higher finish. On the flipside, I just can't see them totally plummeting out of finals; if they do, it will be that unlucky 13th spot-so close; but just not enough to stay in.

I'll try this again.....

Crown

Blue Devils

SCV

Cadets

Cavaliers

Phantom

Bluecoats

Madison

Boston

Blue Knights

Blue Stars