The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

Explain to me how it was Tinkerbell. Peter Pan wasn't part of the show. I always assumed she was representing Titania, Queen of the Fairies, or maybe even the androgynous "Puck" from "A Midsummer Night's Dream". And... you know, she was on the conductor's stand at the end of "Puck One" from Il Sogno, which Elvis Costello based on "A Midsummer Night's Dream".

Exactly.

i predict ups and downs for a lot of corps, a deserving winner, and a speckling of hatred made manifest on here.

Can you tell me what " a speckling " is, so I can learn to avoid it should it raise its ugly head on here and be "made manifest", Lance ?

Edited by BRASSO

less than an abundance of but more than a dab of

Got it.. " a little dab'll do ya". I'll be on the lookout for it.

I hope so.

I want Cheese.... more cheese... EXTRA cheese, thank you very much.

"I want it all...

I want it all.....

I want it now !! " ( with apologies to Freddie Mercury, Queen. )

But I thought The Cadets were playing Christmas music. :tongue:

Edited by Hook'emCavies
  • Like 1

But I thought The Cadets were playing Christmas music. :tongue:

I've never been a fan on show announcements. I usually find out they are essentially meaningless. I wish I had a dollar for every show theme, music that sounded good on paper, but when brought to the field, it was nothing like I had hoped. Likewise, lots of times I've read preseason show announcements with music selected and thought " Oh Man, this sounds like a non starter and a potential disaster in the making ". Yet when it came to the field, it turned out to be fantastic. So I usually yawn when I read these things re. themes and music in the off season. Its all in the design, presentation, and the ability of the performers to sell it. NONE of this happens with a " show announcement ", imo.

I've never been a fan on show announcements. I usually find out they are essentially meaningless. I wish I had a dollar for every show theme, music that sounded good on paper, but when brought to the field, it was nothing like I had hoped. Likewise, lots of times I've read preseason show announcements with music selected and thought " Oh Man, this sounds like a non starter and a potential disaster in the making ". Yet when it came to the field, it turned out to be fantastic. So I usually yawn when I read these things re. themes and music in the off season. Its all in the design, presentation, and the ability of the performers to sell it. NONE of this happens with a " show announcement ", imo.

I couldn't agree more with this... Heck I remember Cavies 09, when I first listened to that music I was liking what I was hearing... but when they put it on the field to me they didn't live up to what they were wanting to do. But as a fan of The Cavaliers I stuck with them and kept cheering them on. I love The Cavaliers program this season and regardless of the fact that they got a new drill designer, I still think they will be just fine. I am not trying to hype the show really (sorry to everyone if it seems like I did), but I will admit I am excited to see what The Cavaliers do with this music.

Really musically last season The Cavaliers, in a sort of sense, went into a different approach with both brass and percussion. And for the most part I think it worked out just fine! I am wondering what they have planed... that's for sure.

Edited by Hook'emCavies

Explain to me how it was Tinkerbell. Peter Pan wasn't part of the show. I always assumed she was representing Titania, Queen of the Fairies, or maybe even the androgynous "Puck" from "A Midsummer Night's Dream". And... you know, she was on the conductor's stand at the end of "Puck One" from Il Sogno, which Elvis Costello based on "A Midsummer Night's Dream".

I know, right! How could people possibly make the connection to Peter Pan characters with that show?

ccpeterpanstuff.jpg

• Like 7