The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

I never count the cadets out. They are just plain dangerous. except for their placement I would like to see a top twelve like this. (with SCV in 3rd place and quite possibly winning it all in 2013)

I have no idea what will happen.. but I'd be surprised if the Boston Crusaders finished as low as 10th this year. I really like the Madison Scouts, but its hard to envision their having a Visual Staff and Guard staff that would allow them to put together a better Visual and Guard show than The Cadets that would allow Madison Scouts to catapult over the The Cadets this season. With so many staff changes this off season and with the new judging sheets there could be some surprises this year though. We'll see. The activity could really use some shake ups in the placements, imo.

Edited by BRASSO

I never count the cadets out. They are just plain dangerous. except for their placement I would like to see a top twelve like this. (with SCV in 3rd place and quite possibly winning it all in 2013)

I just have my doubts considering some of their internal issues this year. I have enjoyed the Cadets' shows a lot in years past, but for now, this is where I potentially see them this year.

• Like 1

I just have my doubts considering some of their internal issues this year. I have enjoyed the Cadets' shows a lot in years past, but for now, this is where I potentially see them this year.

Thats fine. These are just predictions, and your prediction is just as valid as anyone's elses at this point.Who knows, you could be right that The Cadets take a fall after last season. Its not unprecedented for a Corps to fall this far in one year ( although an 8-9 spot fall is sort of rare ). Phantom did go from 1st to 9th in one year ( before rebounding nicely ), so it is possible. Its been like forever since the Boston Crusaders have beaten The Cadets ( my guess, probably back in the late 60's was the last time Boston has beaten The Cadets ) BAC could surprise this year, and beating The Cadets would certainly shake things up as a shocker.... and its been awhile since SCV has finished ahead of BD too.

Edited by BRASSO

My gut feelings:

1. The Cadets will have a very rough year, one of their worst ever. (as stock with champions, however, they will come out scoring big---so wait until later in the season to judge this prediction)

2. The Cavaliers will have a very rough year, one of their worst in recent history. (the music caption will be their obviously strongest caption, first in a long time)

3. The Troopers will be way better than people expect. (cool show concept, better membership than the past, texas influx/influence, more competetive move in strategy)

4. Phantom Regiment will be stronger visually than musically. Both KCs and Jamey Thompson are AWESOME and the stuff they started last season will only be better this season.

• Like 1

My gut feelings:

1. The Cadets will have a very rough year, one of their worst ever. (as stock with champions, however, they will come out scoring big---so wait until later in the season to judge this prediction)

2. The Cavaliers will have a very rough year, one of their worst in recent history. (the music caption will be their obviously strongest caption, first in a long time)

3. The Troopers will be way better than people expect. (cool show concept, better membership than the past, texas influx/influence, more competetive move in strategy)

4. Phantom Regiment will be stronger visually than musically. Both KCs and Jamey Thompson are AWESOME and the stuff they started last season will only be better this season.

I'd like to see the Troopers get back on track and make Finals again after getting back in 2009 after being out of the top 12 for 23 years. That'd be a pleasant surprise.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

My gut feelings:

I have a strong feeling both components will be neck and neck this year...very strong indeed.

I do not endorse that prediction, but wish the best for it---hope you are right, but don't think you will be.

Considering that I've actually heard the hornline...I'll stick to my prediciton.

Crazy things could occur when they take it outside. #### happens.

I've heard the hornline and I've heard some of the music. Let's say of the two variables in that equation, I'm not worried about the hornline.

I liked the music. Very true to the original. I'm glad Don's the arranger now.

Be positive for once!