The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

Im new at this but I guess considering most corps are just starting drill and plugging up holes due to a bad economy, im going to take my

emotions out of it and predict based on a corps track record, staff retention and momentum..

1. Blue Devils (consistently consistent in a good way).

2. Cadets (staff retention and I think playing to the new judging system with an easily recognizable theme which im sure will be Cadet-ized)

3. Crown (staff changes are a concern and I think staff needs to work together for a while to gel but this is a very strong corps ready to

medal again).

4.Cavaliers (always a threat and monsters in all captions but visual may slip without MG. They did defy the odds in 2010 with mega staff changes

so not sure).

5. SCV (improved brass with new staff, continued growth in percussion, mature membership with Dream Team staff?).

6. Bluecoats/Phantom (both powerhouses, not sure).

8. Madison (staff/momentum).

9. Boston (can be in 7 or 8 if anyone above misses a beat).

10.Spirit (I think momentum is on their side).

11. BK

12. Crossmen

Sure they do. I think Cesario sounds quite funny when he talks and its a hoot to listen to him with his goofy visual images. I don't need " expensive psycho- therapy " when he talks though.If its all that serious and disturbing to you and it requires expensive therapy for you then you have my condolences. I don't know what else to tell you on THAT.

That said, irrespective of what you, others, marchers, or I think when Cesario speaks, my point is that the Corps listen up when he speaks. THAT was the essence and substance of my reply.

Hey . . . I was just kidding. Cesario really won me over when he said "there's nothing cheesier than fake intellect on a football field", or something to that effect. Nicely summed up what I've been thinking for years. He can be pretty goofy, but I'm glad drum corps has someone like him who's willing to go against the grain.

• Like 2

I did a google search and found this site:

http://www.fromthepressbox.com/

It looks like it has all DCI shows throughout the seasons all the way back to 1972.

And DCA shows back to 1964 with some missing years "coming soon..."

Now umm... make your predictions tongue.gif

That is such a good site for previous scores, placements, recaps. I just bookmarked it.. thanks for bringing it here.

Hey . . . I was just kidding. Cesario really won me over when he said "there's nothing cheesier than fake intellect on a football field", or something to that effect. Nicely summed up what I've been thinking for years. He can be pretty goofy, but I'm glad drum corps has someone like him who's willing to go against the grain.

Michael Cesario is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get.

Chocolates are good, but they can be way too sweet & sugary and give you a migrane headache sometimes too.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

Im new at this but I guess considering most corps are just starting drill and plugging up holes due to a bad economy, im going to take my

emotions out of it and predict based on a corps track record, staff retention and momentum..

1. Blue Devils (consistently consistent in a good way).

2. Cadets (staff retention and I think playing to the new judging system with an easily recognizable theme which im sure will be Cadet-ized)

3. Crown (staff changes are a concern and I think staff needs to work together for a while to gel but this is a very strong corps ready to

medal again).

4.Cavaliers (always a threat and monsters in all captions but visual may slip without MG. They did defy the odds in 2010 with mega staff changes

so not sure).

5. SCV (improved brass with new staff, continued growth in percussion, mature membership with Dream Team staff?).

6. Bluecoats/Phantom (both powerhouses, not sure).

8. Madison (staff/momentum).

9. Boston (can be in 7 or 8 if anyone above misses a beat).

10.Spirit (I think momentum is on their side).

11. BK

12. Crossmen

No Blue Stars for you.

:rolleyes:

Have at it, boys.

Is it June yet?

Oh what the heck..' Having not seen all the Corps :

1) Blue Devils

2) The Cavaliers

3) Carolina Crown

4) Phantom Regiment

5) Santa Clara Vanguard

6) Boston Crusaders

7) The Cadets

8) Bluecoats

9) Madison Scouts

10) Spirit of Atlanta

11) Blue Knights

12) Blue Stars

My updated prediction based on show announcements, etc...since I havent seen nor heard much I'm gonna go with groupings for now.

Group1:

BD

Cavies

Crown

Group2:

SCV

Cadets

Phantom

Group3:

Bluecoats

Madison

Boston

Group4:

Blue Stars

Blue Knights

Troopers

• Like 3

My updated prediction based on show announcements, etc...since I havent seen nor heard much I'm gonna go with groupings for now.

Group1:

BD

Cavies

Crown

Group2:

SCV

Cadets

Phantom

Group3:

Bluecoats

Madison

Boston

Group4:

Blue Stars

Blue Knights

Troopers

I agree with the groupings and I am very interested to see how things end up. :thumbup:

interesting that I would get a -1 for an agreeing with something... hello start of the season!!

Edited by Hook'emCavies
  • Like 1

Sticking with these...

1. 2003 Phantom regiment

2. Blue Devils C

3. Blue Devils B

4. Cadets 2

5. Star of Indiana

6. Pioneer Jr

7. Blue Nights (lol)

8. Dynasty Revival Corps

9. 2010 Bluecoats