The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

Gosh, hope not... I would hope that it would be more competitive than that.

Well, over the past 6 or 7 years I've come to the conclusion that in any given year, unless BD does something wrong design-wise AND another corps has an extraordinary year, BD will almost certainly win.

I suspect that The Cadets (likely the biggest threat) have likely taken themselves out of the game with what I perceive to be a hare-brained program, and I don't see BD making two design errors in a row.

So... yeah.

Let me add that I really, really hope I'm wrong.

Edited by whitedawn
  • Like 1

Well, over the past 6 or 7 years I've come to the conclusion that in any given year, unless BD does something wrong design-wise AND another corps has an extraordinary year, BD will almost certainly win.

I suspect that The Cadets (likely the biggest threat) have likely taken themselves out of the game with what I perceive to be a hare-brained program, and I don't see BD making two design errors in a row.

So... yeah.

I actually think their biggest threat is themselves. It seems like that are trying to recreate the thing that was working in the past for them. Well the activity is changing... the sheets have changed (how much they have actually changed I have no clue)

And I think Crown might be the biggest threat outside of themselves. Crown is the the only corps I really see contending. Cavies will also contend if their drill writer change works out fine. And I think SCV has a chance to surprise a lot of people this year.

But we really have no clue... spring training is just starting... can't wait for the start of the season so we can start a new prediction thread!!! Lol

I hope your wrong too. Because you could be very right.

• Like 1

So... yeah.

Well,

Cavaliers or Crown could be there too and who knows what's going on with the Cadets? Frankly, SCV could really shock us... Remember when they were almost always 1st or at least 2nd EVERY year for a while? Yeah, I know it's been a lifetime, BUT they've done it in the past and really the team there seems to have finally come together...

I realize that BD is a well oiled machine, and they are the most consistent corps in DCI history, but it's really NOT worth it if 1 corps dominates for too long with that design no matter how well executed. I really respect their dominance.

Gotta say, kudos for being so successful that people predict them to 2 point the field. thumbup.gif

Somebody needs to step up.

Edited by jjeffeory

Well,

Cavaliers or Crown could be there too and who knows what's going on with the Cadets? Frankly, SCV could really shock us... Remember when they were almost always 1st or at least 2nd EVERY year for a while? Yeah, I know it's been a lifetime, BUT they've done it in the past and really the team there seems to have finally come together...

I realize that BD is a well oiled machine, and they are the most consistent corps in DCI history, but it's really NOT worth it if 1 corps dominates for too long with that design no matter how well executed. I really respect their dominance.

Gotta say, kudos for being so successful that people predict them to 2 point the field. thumbup.gif

Somebody needs to step up.

Teal Sound as a contender? :blink:

Having not heard one note or seen one second of their 2012 production, that's quite insightful. Cavies did quite well with advent music. I think it's exciting to see what Cadets can do with it - there's so much to choose from.

Having not heard one note or seen one second of their 2012 production, that's quite insightful. Cavies did quite well with advent music. I think it's exciting to see what Cadets can do with it - there's so much to choose from.

Actually we've heard a pretty good chunk of their show via the webcast they did a couple weeks ago. I'm sure you can find a recording of it somewhere. If not, I can all but promise they'll have more media out pretty soon. They're pretty good with staying in touch with the fans.

Actually we've heard a pretty good chunk of their show via the webcast they did a couple weeks ago. I'm sure you can find a recording of it somewhere. If not, I can all but promise they'll have more media out pretty soon. They're pretty good with staying in touch with the fans.

George posted one on his FB page this morning.

Edited by chaos001

Doing pre-season guesses is not my bag, but I do find it interesting how some corps are predicted to make some good moves up or down from their recent track record. Wonder if various posters were charted over the past few seasons we'd learn they alway have these corps dropping or gaining.

Its the Visual Program, and the Guard, plus a " hook " to grab the judges ( some creative visual move ) that principally drives DCI Corps to a DCI Championship. Although The Cadets had a good brass and percussion line last year, it was not their Brass & Percussion line, nor Music, that principally catapulted them to the Title. It was the Visual drill that accompanied the creative theme that principally did it for them, imo. Judges are much more impressed by Visual things on the field, not so much auditory things. The Cadets could finish anywhere in the top 12 this year. If they don't reach their goals it won't be because of the music played or the brass or percussion playing. It will be because the Visual and/ or their Guard was lacking in some manner. Thats how I see it anyway these days in DCI.

James Carville, Democrat strategist, frequently reminds the Dem. Party pols that he works with that when it comes to issues that voters most care about it is... as Carville has reminded them many times : " Its THE ECONOMY stupid ! ". Similarly, when it comes to the issue that moves a Corps up or down in placement, its a good reminder for ourselves from time to time that : " Its THE VISUAL stupid ! ".

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2