The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

We just cracked DCI's political formula! Call da PO-LICE!

Hahaha LOL, CIA or FBI would be better if it's a conspiracy!!

I think next year is gong to be a Blue year.

I'm watching out for:

Blue Devils are hungry after not getting their 3 peat, puts on an equally crowd pleasing program as this year, but keeps a championship quality about them, win visual......again.

Bluecoats and Blue Stars tried something out this year, might not have worked as well as they thought it would, come out swinging with a much more solid show. (Big fan of both this year though)

Blue Knights continue with another crowd pleasing show, could break top 8 if the success continues. Big strides from 2010 - 2011.

Edited by DrumManTx

I predict no props at all next year. (OK I wish) :lookaround:

• Like 2

I predict over the next few weeks people will start threads here about rumored staff changes at many corps and over zealous DCP administrators will delete said threads calling them unsubstantiated.

• Like 1

I know what it is like to be a Blue Devil and to take 2nd...

I also know what happens the next season...

I predict BD wins it in 2012 for #15! :thumbup:

See 2001-2002 as well as 2004-2005.

Phantom Regiment will stick with Classic roots and stage the entire opera of "Tannhauser" within 12 minutes. This will win the hearts of fans and every drum major will die come the closer.

• Like 2

Oh dude, good catch!! Having said that, let me redo my top 12. Sorry Crown, didn't mean any disrespect. I love you guys!

1. Phantom

2. Crown

3. Cadets

4. BD

5. Cavies

6. SCV

7. Boston

8. Madison

9. Bluecoats

10. Blue Stars

11. Crossmen

12. Spirit

I like the way you think.... that is a list I could live with for sure.

• Like 1

You are correct TerriTroop. A tweak was made on side one of memory which was a timing concern. Also to the staging of the back and from groups in the ballad, which was not about the road but rather about highlighting the performers who were playing in the poses. And the ripple to the road right before the closer was reversed because they liked the pacing better. All very minor changes. David Reeves and the design team rocked this year.

I'll play...

1. Blue Devils (I just expect this, not necissarily want it)

2. The Cadets

3. Phantom Regiment

4. The Cavaliers

5. Bluecoats

6. Carolina Crown

7. Boston Crusaders

8. Blue Knights

9. Madison Scouts

10. Santa Clara Vanguard

11. Spirit of Atlanta

12. Crossmen - tough call between them and The Academy

13. The Academy

14. Blue Stars

15. Glassmen

16. Troopers

17. Colts

18. Teal Sound

19. Pacific Crest

20. Cascades (would really like to see this group move up!)

21. Mandarins

22. Jersey Surf

23. Pioneer

I expect the same Open Class corps from this year to crack the Top 25 to perform Friday (Blue Devils B, Oregon Crusaders, Vanguard Cadets) but think Spartans will continue to improve and may knock off Jersey Surf. I also hear East Coast Jazz may return next year which could be interesting to watch over the next couple years.

• Like 3

Since we have no idea, except past performance, I will use CI:

1-3: BD, Cadets, Cavies (in no particular order)

4-7: Bloo, Crown, PR, SCV

8-11: BK, Boston, BS, Madison

12: Crapshoot

Remember: When you make a claim about who's going to make noise (Madison, Boston, etc), you have to also spell out who's most likely to stumble, making room for the noise-makers.

For example, when Spirit was making noise last Winter, everyone pretty much agreed Glassmen were most vulnerable. Lo and behold, it worked out that way.

Bloo and SCV certainly look vulnerable to me, but SCV has a clear history of turning things around; Bloo, not so much, except they haven't been lower than 7th since 2002. SCV HAS NEVER BEEN LOWER THAN 8th. (No other corps can say that.)

Can PR get away with playing 3 ballads again? Lucky for them, SCV and Bloo were so "out there," no one "got it." Everyone "gets it" when PR plays ballads, so they did three of them, lol. Not sure that's going to fly again.

• Like 5