The OFFICIAL 2012 Prediction Thread

NM

Edited by BRASSO

Don't get so upset over people expecting the corps that you marched to place low.

Stock gave you away.

LOL...I wouldn't say I'm upset..just smiling at the predictability of some folks here on DCP. :smile:

• Like 1

It's funny when someone forgets to add a corps to the top 12 list - especially when they do it by accident. You can guarantee someone will get their feelings hurt and jump all over them. :thumbup:

• Like 3

It's funny when someone forgets to add a corps to the top 12 list - especially when they do it by accident. You can guarantee someone will get their feelings hurt and jump all over them. :thumbup:

Its funny too when someone automatically thinks that a Corps that was left out of another's top 12 predictions was due to forgetfulness. ( poster "dcibass13 " prediction above ) How do you know this if they don't tell you ? Are you clairvoyant ? ( Just askin' mind you, so "don't get your feelings hurt" ).

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 3

Actually we've heard a pretty good chunk of their show via the webcast they did a couple weeks ago. I'm sure you can find a recording of it somewhere. If not, I can all but promise they'll have more media out pretty soon. They're pretty good with staying in touch with the fans.

and what you hear in May isn't always what you hear in August

• Like 1

Its the Visual Program, and the Guard, plus a " hook " to grab the judges ( some creative visual move ) that principally drives DCI Corps to a DCI Championship. Although The Cadets had a good brass and percussion line last year, it was not their Brass & Percussion line, nor Music, that principally catapulted them to the Title. It was the Visual drill that accompanied the creative theme that principally did it for them, imo. Judges are much more impressed by Visual things on the field, not so much auditory things. The Cadets could finish anywhere in the top 12 this year. If they don't reach their goals it won't be because of the music played or the brass or percussion playing. It will be because the Visual and/ or their Guard was lacking in some manner. Thats how I see it anyway these days in DCI.

James Carville, Democrat strategist, frequently reminds the Dem. Party pols that he works with that when it comes to issues that voters most care about it is... as Carville has reminded them many times : " Its THE ECONOMY stupid ! ". Similarly, when it comes to the issue that moves a Corps up or down in placement, its a good reminder for ourselves from time to time that : " Its THE VISUAL stupid ! ".

weighted heavily towards GE.

• Like 1

weighted heavily towards GE.

Yes. It'll be interesting what effect the new judging sheets will have this year. My guess, it'll be mostly inconsequential. But who knows. we'll see.

LOL...I wouldn't say I'm upset..just smiling at the predictability of some folks here on DCP. :smile:

A couple of people are apparently upset with you for NOT being upset, Craiga... on somebody's prediction ( egads... haha! )

Its funny too when someone automatically thinks that a Corps that was left out of another's top 12 predictions was due to forgetfulness. ( poster "dcibass13 " prediction above ) How do you know this if they don't tell you ? Are you clairvoyant ? ( Just askin' mind you, so "don't get your feelings hurt" ).

Settle down there chief... Takings things a bit too seriously I think! :shutup:

Edited by SFZFAN
  • Like 2

Settle down there chief... Takings things a bit too seriously I think! :shutup:

LOL!... are you kidding ? not at ALL, Kemosabe.. We're talking about predictions here. I'm chuckling all the way through it all, LOL!

Edited by BRASSO