Revolution Erupts

This is nothing new to the organization, and this type of shady management has been with the corps since the beginning.

In 2001, the corps' first competitive season, the members were told at the beginning of the season that they would only be signing up for a half-tour that was to end at the San Antonio regional. Shortly after this show, Rodriguez announced that the corps tour would be extended so the corps could participate in Buffalo at Div. III finals. No extra tour fees were collected, and the corps left for it's second tour not long after. However, by the time the corps actually reached buffalo, it had run out of money and could no longer feed the corps. In order to get food, members of the corps had to be fed through local NY schools by a program setup to feed homeless and underprivileged local children. However, this didn't cover dinner and members had to go to local gas stations to buy food.

Several times during this season, the corps had to be fed by other larger corps.

In 2003, the year after the corps won Div III, corps members were dismissed from a camp in February because several staff members had refused to teach until they received payment for work already done.

This is horrible, something similar (but not as severe) happened to Revo several years ago, no? I will reserve judgement until all facts are clear, and I would expect my fellow planeteers to do the same. If something is amiss then DCI should get involved. But due process must be allowed to gather the facts.

Please do not take this the wrong way.

If I was a member and that happened..........no comment.

:thumbdown:

I was thinking about auditioning last year, glad I didn't now.

Glad there's people like Genesis's director and the guy who stayed to help the kids out , that's just ridiculous.

They need to take those guys to court.

Edited by DrumManTx

Wow, that's awful.

This is outrageous! And to think, a friend of mine almost got introduced to this wonderful world of drum corps when her son auditioned for Revolution this past off-season. He even got a contract, but in the end decided to stay home, get a job and save money for college. I was disappointed when she told me that. But in hindsight I’m very glad he made that decision. I hate to think of any parent’s first exposure to the activity to end up this way. DCI needs to address this issue immediately, especially hearing that this is a common occurrence for this corps! This makes me very angry.