Revolution Erupts

Idess, in response to your post I am guessing you are not yet a parent

I don't think the intent here is to in anyway harm Drum Corps, or more specifically Drum Corps in Texas but having stood in a parking lot until almost 1:30AM, watching a group of devastated young people prepare for an uncertain journey home after an exhausting and yet exhilarating summer, I can tell you first hand that there was no one in charge of this Drum Corps, and that is just plain wrong, any way you slice it, there are no explanations or excuses that make that OK.

As far as the post being right or wrong, if I were a new parent looking for a Corps to send my child to march with I would certainly want to know about the history, stability and safety of such a Corps. If this spells the end of Revolution, I agree that would be terrible, but if this information saves this kind of thing from happening again than it is worth the cost.

• Like 7

Not yet a parent however I did march capital regiment in '09 and revolution in '10. From everything bad people hear about both these corps once you've been there first hand none of these problems ever are as bad as they seem to people on the outside of the corps. I remember several times last year when we were locked out of our buses or had no housing sites or no idea where we going and how we were getting there. We spent several mornings in california just chilling in walmart parking lots looking for somewhere to rehearse and shower. Point is this stuff happens all the time and while people are saying no one was in charge I dont believe for a minute Bryan would just abandon the corps without a supervisor

• Like 1

Sounds like thier where problems leading up to seasons end .If these kids marched all season they should be permitted the ride home .How can anyone in there right mind leave them to fend for themselfes. You brought them there you see them home.Plain & Simple.

Edited by Florida Sun
  • Like 1

I'm not advocating or soliciting anything, but I've always felt that Xmen and Revo in the same town could be counterproductive. Maybe they could work something out. I don't know.

So the fact that all of these members signed a contract saying they could be kicked off tour and responsible for getting home themselves if they did something like refusing to perform means the mangement is incompetent? I think it means the members were just too comfortable with doing as they pleased with no respect for the organization and the management was right in not allowing them on the bus.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure there is a section in the member contract where it states members can be thrown off of tour and required to find their own transportation home for things like refusing to perform. Since every member has to fill out this paperwork (and parents too if the member is under 18) then the members and their parents already knew if they refused to perform then they could be kicked off tour and required to find their own transportation home.

You're "pretty sure"? Don't be. That is not how the contract reads.

• Like 2

Drumdad...I understand your concerns....but I have one word for you....libel.

You could be opening yourself up for legal action here, since this is a public forum....just sayin'.

Ditto on that thought...

Not only from corps management but the bus company. Leaving people, especially minors, stuck in the middle of the trip can have legal ramifications for any transport business. Haven't read all pages but seeing some guess work on the bus companies actions. (Hey sue me, my family had a taxi business some years back. My old mans still getting legal notices about crap from 40 years back.)