Revolution Erupts

Drumdad...I understand your concerns....but I have one word for you....libel.

You could be opening yourself up for legal action here, since this is a public forum....just sayin'.

I appreciate your concern. I have spent 23 years working in an industry where libel (or the possibility of libel) is regularly taken into account. Everything I have stated I know to be true and can be corroborated by other people.

• Like 1

I appreciate your concern. I have spent 23 years working in an industry where libel (or the possibility of libel) is regularly taken into account. Everything I have stated I know to be true and can be corroborated by other people.

Doesn't mean your passions can't get the best of you, regardless of background.

I'll tell you what...I've read this entire thread and I am shocked by what occured this past weekend. All I can say is that I appreciate the Corps that my son is a part of -- now more than ever. I couldn't even imagine this happening in our organization.

If I was a parent in Revo, I would be livid.

Cali.

• Like 3

I sadly sense the upheaval will cause another corps to fall into the annals of corps lost again amid financial woes. I hope they can get things secure so this won't ever happen again. To the director: Shame on you. Your appointment could have been rescheduled. One week would not make a difference in your medical treatment. In the midst of serious turmoil you deserted those in need and may have killed your corps. You never desert your kids My words may sound harsh but I a a corps alumni and a corps dad.

• Like 2

As a 3 year staff member I am embarrassed to be a part of this organization. I apologize to the parents, and the members. As the bass tech for my time at Rev I have made bonds with all the members and staff, and like Bryan was one of the staffs relaying messages to members and staff as well. I can't believe it ended this way and if the past weekend gets you sobbed up imagine being involved all summer. I love all the members who stuck it out and left I want you all to know that, if you don't already. Mike and John found away to make me forget all the great things about this season (5th in our class/4th in drums/ bass i&e champs), all down the drain and in my head. The last two weeks have been a emotional hell and I'm glad Bryan Espenosa got us back home safe.

The sad thing in my mind is that the organization as a whole is not that way, it's just some of the people running it obviously, maybe just 1 person or 2. I hope the corps as a whole survives, I really enjoyed the show in San Antonio. (FANTASTIC drum line)

I hope that some sort of release is made to get 100% of the facts straight, so we know 100% for sure what happened.

And from what I've read about Bryan Espenosa, he should be the director it sounds like, I couldn't imagine helping get that many kids home safely (I know how we kids that age can be like sometimes). :worthy: That's a task worth getting some recognition for.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 2

I remember several times last year when we were locked out of our buses or had no housing sites or no idea where we going and how we were getting there. We spent several mornings in california just chilling in walmart parking lots looking for somewhere to rehearse and shower. Point is this stuff happens all the time...

I am sad to read that there are members of corps whose experience has been like this. My son has marched 2 years in an Open Class corps and no, this stuff does not happen all the time. Yes, unforeseen circumstances can cause adjustments to the schedule, but losing rehearsal time because the administrative responsibilities of securing housing and rehearsal space have not been handled seems to demonstrate an inexcusable lack of organization and integrity. So thankful for those who have cared for my son over the last 2 seasons.

• Like 3