DCA Mini Corps Times Posted

I hope it works out for them. But seriously your comment makes me believe that my first thought is correct. The mini corps venue has embellished the DCA weekend experience for a good number of years. The people that COMPETE in this evening love to perform at this level. Friday nights have generated 3000, 4000 drum corps fans and have had higher attendance than the finals for years. And that is without a "headline" act.

Donny

I myself totally agree Donny :thumbup:

• Like 1

Forget the warm up acts. DCA's serious headline promotion of Viva is indicating their new entertainment direction. Looks exciting! I can't wait to see it.

Kaboom

I think you are right in a lot of respects.

The number of Mini corps competing have diminished somewhat. Probably several factors for that.

I was not there last year but heard through the grapevine that a lot of people felt the evening was not as eventful as in years past.

I take the addition of VIVA is DCA responding to those people and taking effective measures to make the evening more entertaining. I look forward to it thats for sure.

• Like 1

Forget the warm up acts. DCA's serious headline promotion of Viva is indicating their new entertainment direction. Looks exciting! I can't wait to see it.

Kaboom

a little Jealosy? Don't know who you are but I suspect you're playing before the late show entertainment...

but isn't that what it's all about? Entertainment! Had there been 15 or 20 applications for mini corps, the schedule may have been different...

Personally, I'm anxious to see what all that talent has to offer...

Edited by TomPeashey
  • Like 1

a little Jealosy? Don't know who you are but I suspect you're playing before the late show entertainment...

but isn't that what it's all about? Entertainment! Had there been 15 or 20 applications for mini corps, the schedule may have been different...

Personally, I'm anxious to see what all that talent has to offer...

Jealous? Yes, because in North Nevada, we do not see the glitz that Vegas gets. Jealous? Yes, because we do not have or get to see "drum corps legends" like Pero and Chez out here either. I am looking forward to be slapped in the face by the minicorps and Viva. As I said originally, this is a great move. And Pero and Chez...... HEADLINERS!

Kaboom

• Like 1

We are absolutely thrilled to be part of the show!

See you all in two weeks!

Larry Carbonell

Centurions

• Like 1

Jealous? Yes, because in North Nevada, we do not see the glitz that Vegas gets. Jealous? Yes, because we do not have or get to see "drum corps legends" like Pero and Chez out here either. I am looking forward to be slapped in the face by the minicorps and Viva. As I said originally, this is a great move. And Pero and Chez...... HEADLINERS!

Kaboom

ok... I guess I misread your original post

Looking forward to seeing all the mini-corps performing this year at I&E. The musical books I have read about sound great and with the talent out there, this will be a special year for the competing mini-corps and all the fans at I&E. Hope to see many new mini-corps springing up all over the country, I'd be happy to host a mini-corps show in Las Vegas in the summer of 2012 as an incentive.

:ph34r:

• Like 1