Proposal: Eliminate Caption Changes During Champs

hostrauser

Proposal: Eliminate all caption changes between Prelims, Quarters, Semis, and Finals shows during Championship week.

Rationale: While corps often unveil new twists during Champs week, very few corps make major changes to their programs between Thursday and Friday of the last weekend of the season. I've long thought DCPI should require directors to have their captions "locked in" for championship week. Possible rider: I'd be fine with proposing the final point increase be pushed up during the season so directors have longer to experiment with max point values before having captions locked in.

Submitted by: Kevin Pogue, Forward Dynamics

then I could finally just focus on finals and not running to my hotel room to look at points! LOL HOWEVER< I actually have to think about this one. Maybe reduced changes instead of one each night...

Well we didn't do it this season anyway. I will have to think about this. I actually liked the 2 caption change option between Prelims to Quarters to Semis to Finals. It's probably cause a 2 caption change I made between Semis and Finals was the reason Jupiter won it's only World Championship. I don't mind having this option. Its a risk the Director can decide to make.

Now I do think we already have this rule in place for NON-LIVE seasons.

your right its in place for non-live seasons...and making changes is a risk, its not always bad. I think I have yanked myself out of finals before by making a last minute change and I am not so sure the one I made this year moved me up at all! I actually should look and cry if I messed up LOL

I think I have yanked myself out of finals before by making a last minute change

Yep, Season XII for me, all three missed.

And I am not so sure the one I made this year moved me up at all! I actually should look and cry if I messed up LOL

My last, pre-champs week change ended up costing me the World Class title. I would have been in first if I hadn't switched two captions around. :thumbdown:

• 3 weeks later...

Closed. Review and voting will begin soon.