Season 17 Finals Venue nominations

Galen

Although we're still a couple weeks away from the opening of the rules caucus, I'll open up a thread for directors to submit their ideas for season 17's finals location. For season 17, finals are scheduled to take place in the East (New England states, eastern Canada, NY, NJ, PA, VA, WV, MD, DE and DC). This will be only the third time that finals have been out east, with prior visits in Boston in season 4 and Toronto in season 9. Anyplace aside from those two locations is ok to nominate. I'll give other directors the opportunity to chime in with their ideas before I post some that I have. I'm not opposed to doing another international finals (Europe maybe), but I'm not sure that I want to make this season the one that that happens just yet (but I can certainly be convinced if the argument is good).

Remember that the ideal finals location doesn't necessarily have to be in a major metropolitan area, but it should be in an area that has the facilities to host 3 separate divisions of competing corps. As we've done in the past couple seasons, the "host city" doesn't necessarily have to host all 3 events, ie season 16 in Madison, Whitewater and Green Bay and season 14 in Indianapolis, Muncie and Terre Haute.

If possible, please post pictures of your host facility in your bid- it'll help make your proposal more appealing.

Finally, look for a special announcement about season 18's finals location during of the rules congress. Here's a hint- it won't be in Indy. Here's another hint- it's in a state that's never hosted a DCPI finals event either- but it has hosted DCI finals in the past. :cool:

Venue Nomination: NEW YORK CITY, NY

World Class

New Meadowlands Stadium, East Rutherford, NJ

Capacity: 82,500

Field: Turf

meadowlands_100408_WIDE.jpg

Open Class

Wien Stadium @ Columbia University, New York, NY

Capacity: 17,000

interior.jpg

Class A

John F. Kennedy Stadium, Bridgeport, CT

Capacity: 12,000

Bridgeport%20CT%20Kennedy%20Stadium%2010000.jpg

Finals Venue: Seattle, WA

World Class

Qwest field/CenturyLink Field @ Seattle, WA

Capacity: 72,000

Field: Field turf

qwestfield.jpg

Open Class and A Class

Memorial Staidum @ Everett, WA

Capacity: 12,000

memorialstadium.jpg

Just a reminder that finals are in the EAST region. Other submissions will be considered for future seasons.

awe JFK Stadium...been there many times...always so comforting being right next to the jail...also hearing gunshots and not knowing if its the penalty and timing judge or if it is just another local shooting...

Finals in the east. That oughta SHAKE things up. :cool:

In all seriousness, i hope everyone is ok.

awe JFK Stadium...been there many times...always so comforting being right next to the jail...also hearing gunshots and not knowing if its the penalty and timing judge or if it is just another local shooting...

:unsure:

Hey, if DCI can survive Jackson, MS in 1993, we can survive Bridgeport. :tongue:

I just noticed we've never had a DCPI finals in the South. Can we extend "EAST" down to Florida? I think we need a finals down there.

We've had finals in Charlotte NC in season 7 and Nashville TN a few seasons ago- doesn't that count? :tongue:

Actually, you're anticipating something I plan on doing this season as far as "extending" the East region goes...

(Pardon my French, been a couple years and my vocabulary is supplemented by Google :lookaround:)

Saison Dix-Sept Proposition de Salle: Montreal, Quebec

World Class

Stade Olympique (Olympic Stadium)

Montreal, Quebec

Capacity: 66,308 (expandable)

1.1266690526.1_olympic-stadium-montreal.jpg

Impact-Montr%C3%A9al-Santos-Laguna-Stade-Olympique.jpg

-Canadian Landmark

-Historic home to DCI finals in 1981 and 1982

-Maintained very well to this day, currently the future temporary home of MLS's Montreal Impact

-Actual grass can be installed in the stadium, as this was done for a soccer match last year

Open Class

Stade Percival-Molson (Percival Molson Memorial Stadium)

Montreal, Quebec

Capacity: 25,012

4066766736_d73dde1519.jpg

-Very intimate atmosphere

-Gorgeous Montreal Skyline in background

-Set on the campus of McGill University, one of the prettiest universities in the world

Class A

Stade Saputo (Saputo Stadium)

Montreal, Quebec

Capacity: 13,034

800px-Saputo_Stadium_Montreal_October_2010.jpg

-Very new and modern stadium

-Future permanent home to the MLS's Montreal Impact

-Heated field, which will come in handy in January...

-A stone's throw from the World Class finals location, Olympic Stadium

Edited by OrangeCrush014