2011 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition

How about some critical analysis of the performances, please. Would be nice to hear your impression of the corps strengths and weaknesses.

What impressed you the most, distracted you or little observations. Thanks.

I did that a little more during Class A since the top three in that division was so tight. I haven't for TBT and Kilties since, for them, the point is that they're in Finals.

• Like 2

Go CorpsVets!!!! get it, guard!!! :thumbup:

Still weird to hear CorpsVets playing Shostakovich. Also not sure what the large scrims in the back of the field are for. I guess to depict dusk?

Go CorpsVets!!!! get it, guard!!! :thumbup:

Speaking of which, they just nailed two consecutive rifle tosses right at the front of the field.

• Like 1

Tubas are right in front of me and are very blatty. If you're going to play Shostakovitch or any classical rep, you have to be careful with your sound. You've already got a complex brass book as it is.

• Like 1

Screching metal sound in the pit. I have to admit I like those kinds of effects.

Guard is all on rifles. Very dynamic work and all up front again. A couple drops, but that full line toss/catch was to die for.

For Open Class they have the smallest front ensemble here tonight

Is there a hole in the tenors? They've got a giant space between them at the end of the second piece and they're right on the front side.

I did that a little more during Class A since the top three in that division was so tight. I haven't for TBT and Kilties since, for them, the point is that they're in Finals.

Yes, I saw that in your Class A comments. It added a good feel for what was actually happening on the field. Thanks for doing this though. It really helps bring those of us who couldn't make it to Rochester a little closer to the action. Kudos to you!