2011 Drum Corps Associates World Championships Finals Competition

I did NOT see the Phantom kick halt coming in 1812.

I agree that Kevin has provided some superior commentary of the shows. Not easy to do and stay up on all of the action on the field. Thanks to you Kevin and for DCP for all the hardwork you all put into brining this activity to the folks who could not come out and see this live. I hope it inspires some of you to seriously consider Annapolis, MD next Labor Day - It will be something special.

• Like 1

A big shout out to all the corps for having a great season!

I 'm looking forward to the drive to Annapolis next year.

I knew you wouldn't agree, but that's not necessary. Do I think it has an effect, of course it does. The judges are paid to adjudicate the performance on the field that night, so they would be deft if they didn't hear it and didn't let it effect their perception at least a little bit. Nothing wrong with players in the pit who have been there all season long. The point I brought up was "should it be allowed at the championships for a one shot gig?" Not those that can't march for a variety of reasons and have been in the pit the entire or most of the year. I didn't say that and I didn't expect people to agree with me.

[uote]

Isn't/wasn't thers a rule that said you had to march prelims in order to march in finals?

You said, "March". That's a joke, right?

All I know is that I am all cleaned up and ready to go out should we receive the news that my beloved Minnesota Brass was the team with the best hair tonite!!!! LOL

Inside MN Brass Alumni joke.... the team with the best hair wins the pageant

At least someone is at home base. You need to set a police car on fire. I know it sounds violent but it's kind of a rule these days with championships.

• Like 1

Yes it would be nice if they followed DCI's lead, at least this time, and stream the grand finale and scores.

It was basically a last-minute decision, and they weren't even sure it would go over well.

They took a BIG gamble on this...

But now that they know - wait'll next year:

It should be great!

• Like 1

At least someone is at home base. You need to set a police car on fire. I know it sounds violent but it's kind of a rule these days with championships.

Sounds like fun, but home is in Nashville, TN these days... going to meet a few other Brass Alumni and get wasted!

I'm in my car, just tell me where the party is

The party was in Rochester the last 2 days. You missed it!