Thanks Cabs and Bush

KenD

I don't live in the north east and did not see you guys and gals until Rochester. When the season opened and I read of the problems you both were experiencing I was dismayed and frankly did not expect much from either of you at finals. I'm writing this to thank you both for not giving up, for confronting the problems and dealing with them, and mostly to once again show this old guy that the spirit of drum corps lives in all of you. Thank you both for giving us an entertaining and enjoyable set of shows. Good luck to the both of you going forward..

• Like 2

I don't live in the north east and did not see you guys and gals until Rochester. When the season opened and I read of the problems you both were experiencing I was dismayed and frankly did not expect much from either of you at finals. I'm writing this to thank you both for not giving up, for confronting the problems and dealing with them, and mostly to once again show this old guy that the spirit of drum corps lives in all of you. Thank you both for giving us an entertaining and enjoyable set of shows. Good luck to the both of you going forward..

Thank you very much for your kind words about the Caballeros.

Personally, I have never seen a more dedicated group of individuals, that continuously pushed themselves all year long, to get where we ended up. Our hard work and dedication really showed in our prelims and finals performance, and I for one was thrilled and honored to be part of it!

• Like 1

Bushwackers and Caballeros most definitely stepped up to the plate this summer.

To borrow a phrase that my friend Adam Burdett coined: I saw two corps wearing those uniforms in June and early July. Those corps were not the same corps I saw in those same uniforms by Labor Day weekend. A night-and-day improvement for both.

In particular, Bushwackers could have made the easy decision and folded. But instead, they made the tough decision to keep going. I salute them for that!!!

• Like 2

People quoting my material, I won't let it go to my head. Thanks Fran!

Thank you! I really don't think anyone would believe us if we told the full story of where we really were at this year.

But 2011 is over and onto 2012... and our first order of business was just posted in the NEWS section on www.bushwackers.org. The news will be posted in short order, but go read it now.

Edited by rubando