Drum Corps LPs, Videos, Cassettes, DVDs, Publications, etc For Sale

Gary Matczak

About 150 items have been sold through these boards and ebay out of a donation of drum corps related items to our corps by one of our alums. Below is a short list of items still available, and I do have more to go through and get put up here This list was updated 15 March 2012

Drum Corps LPs are $10.00 each

1971 World Open - Madison, Argone Rebels, Cavaliers, Blue Stars

1978 DCA Championships Volume 1 - Long Island Sunrisers, New York Skyliners, Rochester Crusaders, Erie Thunderbirds

1979 DCA Championships Volume 2 - Hawthorne Caballeros, Rochester Crusaders, New York Skyliners, Erie Thunderbirds

Also, There are more than 30 LPs and other drum corps stuff for sale on Ebay. Drum Corps stuff on ebay

Edited by Gary Matczak

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Ebay Listings

I have also added a bunch of DCA Finals program books, as well as some other interesting drum corps publications.............Click the ebay link above.

A ONE sided 78???? DANG!!!

I guess I should clarify,......................it has the Caruso recording on one side,...........the other side has no recording,............is that odd?,.............seriously, as I have no idea.............

I understood what it meant, just surprised that for a popular artist at the time like Caruso there wasn't a song on the other side. Back in HS tried to read up on early recordings and thought only very early or odd artists had one sided 78s. Well then again.... just Googled and Caruso died 1921. Only thing I remember was he was in the middle of the 1906 San Francisco earthquake.

Oh man, time to research this crud again.... yeah for the Internet....

Edit: According to wiki (FWIW): Then on February 1, 1904, Caruso began recording exclusively for the Victor Talking Machine Company in the United States. While most of Caruso's American recordings would be made in boxy studios in New York and nearby Camden, New Jersey, Victor also recorded him occasionally in Camden's Trinity Church, which could accommodate a larger band of musicians. (In 1904, however, Victor had elected to use Room 826 at Carnegie Hall, New York, as a makeshift recording venue for its initial bundle of Caruso discs.) Caruso's final recording session took place at Camden on September 16, 1920.

And one for Ken Mason: Caruso died before the introduction of higher fidelity, electrical recording technology (in 1925). All of his recordings were made using the acoustic process, which required the recording artist to sing into a metal horn or funnel which relayed sound directly to a master disc via a stylus. LOL - OK you drum corps... get close to the funnel....

Edited by JimF-LowBari

another interesting find,.................I uncovered a VHS recording that has 72 Caballeros, 72 Skyliners, and 74 Thunderbirds on it,..............I had no idea that video recordings were made, let alone available in those years...............

Gary, at the risk of sounding like Mr Trivia or sumthin' but might be from the Haas family vids. They have a website where you can order DVDs off the original tapes and they have those corps. 1972 Cabs and Sky are from DCA Finals. 1974 T-Birds are from Hershey.

Gary, at the risk of sounding like Mr Trivia or sumthin' but might be from the Haas family vids. They have a website where you can order DVDs off the original tapes and they have those corps. 1972 Cabs and Sky are from DCA Finals. 1974 T-Birds are from Hershey.

can you post a link?,............I would love to check that out,........