Which trumpet manufacturer do you prefer?

86 members have voted

1. 1. Which trumpet manufacturer do you prefer?

• Dynasty
    • Yamaha
    • King
    • Jupiter
    • Bach
    • Other (what brand?)

I'm not as familiar with the 200s, the 300s are standard student models around here. Could you post pictures of what's happening?

If looking for marching brass, take a look at the System Blue line of King horns. The history and quality of Conn Selmer coupled with the design input of one of drumcorps most successful brass staffs make these well worth your investigation.

• Like 1

Listen to me....

Yamaha all the way, on any level (Beginner or Pro).

They are consistent, well made instruments at all levels.

As far as professional level horns go, I'll compare those with the Bach's (since the Bach's are leading in the polls).

Give me 10 Bach trumpets and let's lay them out on a table and play them one at a time. On quality of the way the instrument plays, the break down will look like this:

1 horn is a gem, a Bach that Vincent would of built.

2 horns are decent horns, they have that "Bach Sound" but they have issues and after a Laskey conversion (A couple grand), they will be great horns.

3 Are passable step ups for a beginner. They have "that sound" but play like a turd.

4 Are junkers.

It's quality control and Bach is lacking in it.

Yamaha, the Xenos might not have "That Bach Sound" but the sound darn good and on the "Artist Series" (Chicago or New York), they are amazing horns... IMO the NY Artist is what a 37 Bell Bach should be. Chicago is a little different and the C Chicago is the proverbial poo.

Now if we have 10 Xenos (non artist series) on a table and test played, it would be like this:

9 horns of amazing quality that play petter then all but 1 of the 10 Bach's we just played.

1 horn that has issues.

Yamaha has great QC!

So... You can hope to find that one glorious Bach and look forever for it OR by a Xeno and get a great ax.

Student level trumpets, no comparison... buy Yamaha.

Edited by CloudHype
  • Like 1

Which brand do you prefer and why?

Taylor.... Rock solid horn. BIG sound.

Can't wait for brassEXPERT to chime in here. But I agree with what a couple people have said. You can't go wrong with Yamaha and Bach's student line of horns.

Which brand do you prefer and why?

We bought my son a Dallas Brass Accent trumpet, that was made in Germany, back when he was in 8th grade. He had tried the professional-level Yamahas, Bachs, etc., and nothing came close to the Accent. He still has it today and the sound is simply incredible from that horn (at least when he plays it :rolleyes: ). He has used it in marching band, wind ensemble, symphonic band, and jazz band. The valves are smooth as glass and the horn is really solid. If you don't mind the cost (approx. $2500 - $3000), it's a great horn.

Looks like that is rotting through, there must be some major issue with the brass, possibly exacerbated by not having been cleaned properly. I've never seen a horn so new develop an issue like that!

That horn is still useable, but a less than pretty patch will have to go over the spot.