DQ's

Yes and I am the OP!!! LOL

Actually I mentioned 2, Bridgemen and Muchachos as well as including other corps.

As for "about me?" Come on Linda what is your deal with me? Did I hurt you in some way? Geez. I talk up your former corps, I don't put you down and this is what I get? Gee whiz!

Edited by KeithHall

Could you re-post here?

I would have to get Dennis's and James's permission before doing so.

Yes and I am the OP!!! LOL

Actually I mentioned 2, Bridgemen and Muchachos as well as including other corps.

As for "about me?" Come on Linda what is your deal with me? Did I hurt you in some way? Geez. I talk up your former corps, I don't put you down and this is what I get? Gee whiz!

I'll try to paraphrase. When a contentious topic from decades ago is placed in a forum, I feel it's best to be mindful and respectful to those involved.

With respect to my former corps, it would be nice if you could let me speak on behalf of my corps.

Yes you are the OP!!! I will respectfully not reply to your threads again.

I may consider starting a thread in the future and let it go.

"DQ's":

I realize that this thread is going on and on about DCI "DQ's" but "BITD" corps were also facing the "Big DQ" for a variety of reasons.

One that comes to mind is the 1962 NY State Legion Championship. The defending champ, St Caterine's of Sienna Queensmen were "DQ'd" from the Championship contest (And the resultant loss of their title) due to the fact they marched in the Legion prade in their street clothes, rather than their uniforms.

The REASON they wore their civies was the fact that the parade was held in a DOWNWPOUR. Unfortunatly, the NYS Legion powers didn't agree with the Q-Men's ratonale for saving their uniforms and DQ'd them from the title show.

Elphaba

• 2 weeks later...

I was there that day of our dq, it is what it is. But i also knew dudes from BD, SCV, Kilties, Madison and others that marched over age. It was the times, and some slime dude that couldnt even make our corps blew the whistle. My opinion it was a set up from day one. Dci could have done something prior 38 yrs ago. Wow. We live in infamy!

Can anyone explain why DCI personnel did not like MAC? He was the Caballeros First drum major and cared as a director also it seems to me.

it was mentioned somewhere that he was generally resistant to the whole formulation of DCI as he was a huge supporter of the AL and VFW circuit(s).................

• 2 weeks later...

i highly doubt that anyone that has marched overage was more than 4-5 years over. If someone showed up 25 years over they'd stick out like a sore thumb. :blink:/>

Not quite true. I know of someone who was either 26 or 27 at the time he marched a few shows including DCi prelims.

Not quite true. I know of someone who was either 26 or 27 at the time he marched a few shows including DCi prelims.

Heh... spring of 1976, I met a guy who had marched with a local-circuit junior corps in the NY/NJ/PA area in 1975.

He introduced me to his six-year-old son who was with him. :lol:

Edited by Fran Haring