What is like ice, yet burns like fire?

Turandot. . .Nessun Dorma!

For those not familiar . . .

http://www.operaignite.org/opera-fun/15-turandots-riddles

Here are Turandot's three riddles:

1.) What rises at night, invoked by all the world, only to die at dawn reborn in the heart? (hope)

2.) What darts like flame but is not a flame, that grows cold with death yet blazes with dreams of conquest? (blood)

3.) What inflames you, white yet dark, that enslaves if it wants you free, but in taking you captive makes you king? (Turnadot)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turandot

Oh, hell yes! :smile:

It's been a long time since '91.

Turandot. . .Nessun Dorma!

Oh, hell yes! :smile:

Yep!

There are some really funny guesses up on Facebook - a couple hundred of them.

Unless Phantom tells everyone BEFORE auditions start on November 18th, I guess we will have to wait and see.

I like the Nessun Dorma idea, but I am leaning more toward the Symphonic Dances. There's been some interesting compositions done on that theme (fire and ice) the last 20 years or so, using classical music with a newer twist.

.....but who knows! There's a lot of new people on the staff. I hope Phantom's classical roots are severed, but we won't know until it is announced.

Am I the only one who sees the irony of performing selections from Turandot, possibly and likely including Nessum Dorma, the season after JD's departure? Probably his biggest claim to fame as a Regiment soloist?

Garry in Vegas