Attn: History & Bugle Enthusiasts

Cover to cover it's about 44 pages total. Slingerland published this in 1935. Believed to be the first of it's kind. It's more than just a very good Instructive manual. It has history, pictures, written music, Concert Corps, includes their complete line of bugles at the time(price list too). Anyway, take some time and read through this cover to cover. You'll see that it cost $1.00 (at the time of printing).... I find it Priceless!

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

Slingerland Complete Instructive Manual For The Piston Bugle

Very cool for more than a few reasons, thanks Nanci...

Too a quick look after I downloaded a copy and interesting that the 1935 booklet has charts where the piston is actually being used. I have a 1930 booklet that has music with split parts. Top part has all the open notes and bottom has all the valve/piston notes. My guess is that because the piston could not be moved during competitions.

To cool!

Cover to cover it's about 44 pages total. Slingerland published this in 1935. Believed to be the first of it's kind. It's more than just a very good Instructive manual. It has history, pictures, written music, Concert Corps, includes their complete line of bugles at the time(price list too). Anyway, take some time and read through this cover to cover. You'll see that it cost $1.00 (at the time of printing).... I find it Priceless!

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!

Slingerland Complete Instructive Manual For The Piston Bugle

don't I get honorable mention? did I not give this to you? Great job saving it for posterity...

don't I get honorable mention? did I not give this to you? Great job saving it for posterity...

You got your honorable mention (hehehe)when I posted the manual you submitted. If memory serves, I believe it was a Ludwig manual. I'd have to look it up to be sure. Aren't these things awesome!? I can't get enough of them. And the older the better!

You got your honorable mention (hehehe)when I posted the manual you submitted. If memory serves, I believe it was a Ludwig manual. I'd have to look it up to be sure. Aren't these things awesome!? I can't get enough of them. And the older the better!

Have some Ludwig manuals on CD but can't remember if I sent them to you. Forget what I have anymore.

Have some Ludwig manuals on CD but can't remember if I sent them to you. Forget what I have anymore.

Mine may have been different... but it sure looks like it... very similar indeed... I found it with family memorabilia from World War II. It actually belonged to my uncle.

I found it, here ya go Uncle Tom!

1940 - Leedy "Roll Off"

to this day... I don't know how this ended up with my father's stuff at the family homestead. It was mailed to Clarence Pilon who was best man in my mom and dad's wedding, and my brother and I played with his kids... but I don't remember a drum corps connection... my dad was involved heavily through the VFW immediately upon his return from Japan in January of 1946. All dad ever did was carry a rifle (M1) guarding the A flag in the VFW guard that was used in front of the drum corps, but how he did love drum corps. He made sure we all got involved...