New Visual Designs for 2012 Blue Stars

Sounds like a recipe for disaster

Do you think we might be seeing the potential of Chernobyl levels or Fukushima type levels here with this ?

Edited by BRASSO

I think this is a good hire for the Blue Stars. I don't think Myron will write drill that is worse than last years, but he has had those off years himself (SCV 05) so we will see.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Myron wrote SCV's drill in 2005.

Anyway, I agree with you that this is a great hire for the Blue Stars, and I'm sure he will write something brilliant for them!

I think this is a good hire for the Blue Stars. Looking forward to seeing this new drill design take shape this summer

Me too. Not much sense is killing the chef on a meal where he hasn't even shopped for the groceries yet, let alone told us what he's prepared for the meal.

I'm in the "intriguing, let's wait and see camp".

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think Myron wrote SCV's drill in 2005.

Anyway, I agree with you that this is a great hire for the Blue Stars, and I'm sure he will write something brilliant for them!

2005 was his last year, according to Historical Archives on SCV's website.

I'll doubt him if the show is bad the first time I see it. We have no way of knowing what will happen so I think we should just wait and see. He can obviously do some amazing work as seen with Vanguard, so I think this will work out very well. He's had 2 shows I thought were questionable out of like, 20 years of experience? That's a pretty good track record I think.

I got a chance to meet Mr. Rosander at the February Blue Stars camp. He's a very nice guy who had a lot of great things to say. It was cool talking to a legendary drill designer, as I aspire to write for a corp some day. I can't wait to march his drill this summer, and I think the show will be a fan favorite.

Should be interesting. With Rosander's inability to properly stage the guard and Shapiro's tendency to over write the Blue Stars seem to have created a visual Frankenstein's monster.

Wait, that might be their 2012 production.......dark, brooding and plenty of opportunity or props.

Despite how this poster phrased his skepticism, there *is* a point here.

There have been plenty of discussions about (a) Myron Rosander's drill being very cool but very difficult to get clean (b) Michael Shapiro's guard work being just crazy ridonkulous hard -- again with implications to getting clean.

I guess my point would be these tendencies are well known to the rest of the Blue Stars design team and they certainly have the opportunity to take them into account. I'm kind of looking forward to seeing Mr. Rosander's drill on the field again and for some reason I think he's gonna be a good fit at the Stars.

• Like 2

Oh Jeff, I loved 2005 ! Vintage Rosander/SCV.....it was his last year there, btw.

G