New Visual Designs for 2012 Blue Stars

Should be interesting. With Rosander's inability to properly stage the guard and Shapiro's tendency to over write the Blue Stars seem to have created a visual Frankenstein's monster.

Wait, that might be their 2012 production.......dark, brooding and plenty of opportunity or props.

Yep. Sounds like a recipe for a show that can't be marched and isn't visually effective.

Oh, but hey, we must "hold a grudge" as someone put it. Can't you see that Myron is the greatest thing ever? Long phrases, moving for the sake of moving, bad staging, intervals that don't work, hundreds of rewrites. GREAT.

• Like 3

Myron is a nice guy, I get it... but take the goggles off, people.

Are you actually Lisa Lampanelli but just pretending to be Chinese takeout?

I'm a fan, but for many reasons including his drill writing abilities.

I will always appreciate what he did for Vanguard, but mostly what he did for Phantom after one of the most precarious seasons they have ever had (2009). Phantom 2010 made me forget about Phantom 2009. He had a huge input on what they were doing and whether or not the drill was too hard to clean, that show will always be rememebered as something incredibly special.

• Like 2

And yes. Sometimes NICE people and people that have been around success can be bad at their jobs.

Myron is a nice guy, I get it... but take the goggles off, people.

I have a feeling it's going to go really well or not so much. We'll just have to wait and see I guess. If it's anything like what he did with Vanguard from 97 - 04, I'm very hopeful. If it's like Vanguard 05 or Phantom 10, I'm a little worried.

• Like 1

I have a feeling it's going to go really well or not so much. We'll just have to wait and see I guess. If it's anything like what he did with Vanguard from 97 - 04, I'm very hopeful. If it's like Vanguard 05 or Phantom 10, I'm a little worried.

Yes! When Myron's drill worked at SCV, it was because that staff REFUSED to let it not work. They beat those kids into the ground. Seriously, it took some serious effort and focus to clean/fix/rewrite his drill.

Because it is so different, there is so much motion, and so much intervalic stuff--- Myron's drill is one of a kind. It is special. You can look at it and see that Myron wrote it, instantly.

The problem with all this is that when you don't clean it, beat the kids into it, and FORCE it to go well--- it looks like a train wreck.

Edited by GeneralTsoChicken

Yes! When Myron's drill worked at SCV, it was because that staff REFUSED to let it not work. They beat those kids into the ground. Seriously, it took some serious effort and focus to clean/fix/rewrite his drill.

Because it is so different, there is so much motion, and so much intervalic stuff--- Myron's drill is one of a kind. It is special. You can look at it and see that Myron wrote it, instantly.

The problem with all this is that when you don't clean it, beat the kids into it, and FORCE it to go well--- it looks like a train wreck.

I agree, I don't see Blue Stars letting it suck, I have a feeling they are going to want to prove to people last year was just one of those not so great years, and that's not what they're going to be like this year. I know that recruitment was probably hurt a little bit because of 11, but whatevs, I think that makes it that much more fun to come back stronger.

I agree, I don't see Blue Stars letting it suck, I have a feeling they are going to want to prove to people last year was just one of those not so great years, and that's not what they're going to be like this year. I know that recruitment was probably hurt a little bit because of 11, but whatevs, I think that makes it that much more fun to come back stronger.

I doubt they consider it to be "just one of those not so great years." Go march.

• Like 1

best of luck to the stars with so many staff changes, hopefully they are for the better

anxiously anticipating the show announcement and music announcements, looks like they're keeping it under raps this season

M.R. in H.W. out.

Good or bad?

Good

I am looking forward to seeing blue stars march myrons drill, but what shows have the blue stars cleaned the **** out of??