DCI 2012 Programs

Doesn't really seem Madison's style, but looking forward to seeing what they do with it as it's one of my favorites. (if this is what they're playing)

• Like 2

Me either because i went on said site that must not be named and ripped someones video from semis that had audio thumbup.gif

still there....

From the Madison Scouts Facebook page -

"The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, three Christmas downloads soon will be here. A show for next season, reframed from our past, the music exciting, the movement quite fast. So Facebook on Christmas to hear our good cheer, and fill up your iPod with songs from last year."

• Like 4

From the Madison Scouts Facebook page -

"The stockings were hung by the chimney with care, three Christmas downloads soon will be here. A show for next season, reframed from our past, the music exciting, the movement quite fast. So Facebook on Christmas to hear our good cheer, and fill up your iPod with songs from last year."

Nice! A "show reframed from our past"..."Pictures" was last played by the Scouts

in 1961 as their opener, so I assume they may be using other pieces from that show...."March Of The Charioteers" (from Ben Hur) * "French National Defile" * "You'll Never Walk Alone" (from Carousel) and "Finlandia". Maybe they'll be reframing these pieces in a more modern/jazzy style. Could be interesting! We'll find out on Sunday. :thumbup:

Edited by madalumni
  • Like 1

Jazzy Finlandia... now that would be interesting indeed. (My HS school song was based on Finlandia.)

Mike

Well, I was just speculating, and I hope they don't do jazzy Finlandia...just

listened to the original again and that would sound really weird. Almost

as bad as TCU's Jazz band playing Jazzy Firebird Suite!

Edited by madalumni

See the SCV thread. Looks like SCV might be bringing back a tune from 1985: Grover's Corner (From "Our Town") by Aaron Copland.

See the SCV thread. Looks like SCV might be bringing back a tune from 1985: Grover's Corner (From "Our Town") by Aaron Copland.

That was a great show. I love that piece of music!

From the Madison Scouts Facebook page:

The Madison Scouts are pleased to announce their 2012 program title "Reframed" featuring selections from Modest Mussorgsky's "Pictures at an Exhibition"...Madisonized.