DCI 2012 Programs

It's a catch 22.... I love Robbie Billings and his visual style that made BK so unique. I also like the move with Sully as it's different but very easy to get into! I have a feeling this year's show may appease both... Don't know specifics but, it's intense!

Wes P

Can't we to hear/see it !

So what's the new slogan? Gonna be hard to top:

bk%2520get%2520english.png

How about this?

gandalf.jpg

:thumbup::tongue:

Edited by KakkoiiOtaku
  • Like 3

I really liked it and the previous year as well.

Just watched it last night myself. Really good show. They did more with the music than I thought could be done but the Grainger is more difficult than people think...

You beat me to it..... Boring is to assert dislike from a personal level, but to say they (Gmen and Academy) deserved their spots is ignoring and disrespecting the corps themselves. I am sure you'll be(original poster of the message) in the extreme minority that thought Gmen and Academy shouldve been in BK AND SCV's finals slots!:) I wish both those corps( academy and Gmen) the best of luck this year and know that both will put out products that will make the activity even more competitive.

Wes P

I figured that was where most of the hate was from. I didn't intentionally mean to rip the corps or the people in it, more so the concepts and music weren't appealing to me. Not intended at all to offend the corps members (Hey the march corps and I don't so I have no room to say they suck xD).

One of Teal Sound's selections is Ritual Fire Dance by Manuel de Falla.

Good tune.

I figured that was where most of the hate was from. I didn't intentionally mean to rip the corps or the people in it, more so the concepts and music weren't appealing to me. Not intended at all to offend the corps members (Hey the march corps and I don't so I have no room to say they suck xD).

Vaughan Willams's "English Folk Song Suite" and "Dives and Lazarus", Holst's "1st Suite in Eb", and Grainger's "Molly on the Shore" and "Shepherd's Hey"? Sounds like a pretty good repertoire to me. Do you really not like those tunes?

Vaughan Willams's "English Folk Song Suite" and "Dives and Lazarus", Holst's "1st Suite in Eb", and Grainger's "Molly on the Shore" and "Shepherd's Hey"? Sounds like a pretty good repertoire to me. Do you really not like those tunes?

You can like tunes, and not like the way someone does it. For example....

But that's just one of many.

One of Teal Sound's selections is Ritual Fire Dance by Manuel de Falla.

Awesome stuff..

I thought it was hard to get the rights to that nowadays...

You can like tunes, and not like the way someone does it. For example....

But that's just one of many.

Certainly. I don't disagree. But I think that Bocook was true to the pieces.